New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Child Theme Translation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    estudisimple

Hi guys,

I’m having problems to get a translation for the child theme. I’ve tried everything in functions.php but now working. Can you help me?

Thanks!

estudisimple
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Check inside the functions.php of the child theme that is provided in the downloaded zip from Themeforest.
    There is a function to load the translation file from a directory that you must create inside the child theme.

-Rui

estudisimple

I’ve tried but doesn’t seem to work! For example, I have the text “Los Quiero” for Add to Cart, but doesn’t seem to work. I have “Añadir al Carrito”. Other example is “Your Cart is Empty” where I have the text “Tu carrito está vacío! ? “. Can you check it please?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Did you created the language directory and placed their the .po and .mo files?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xxqd8ysz4ukik7/Screenshot%202016-06-02%2013.07.14.png?dl=0

How are you translating it? using poedit?
    You can try loco translate.

-Rui

estudisimple

Sure, I’ve created the folder in the ftp and loaded the .po and .mo files. Of course I’ve uncommented the lines in the functions.php. You can check it, I’ve sent you the FTP details in the second comment. In other themes I was able to do it, but here it’s being impossible!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Before my reply I checked that you had uncommented the lines, didn’t saw the ftp access.

Can you try to install Loco translate?

-Rui

estudisimple

I would love to use Poedit, although this I’ve installed Loco, but not working too… I’ve just been able to change one text… Try yourself to change the CHECKOUT text from the Cart dropdown to something like “PASAR POR CAJA”.

estudisimple

Hi, any news on this?

estudisimple

If I’m not wrong, you’re using “swiftframework” for the text for the functions.php and in the theme php you’re using “uplift” for make php know that’s translatable, so, is there maybe here the error? Although this, I’m not able to translate everything! 🙁

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Yes, replace swiftframework with uplift.

When changing the language files, you need to then re-compile the .mo language file and upload that also. Ex: http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-theme-using-poedit/

Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register