Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    onehipcat

Hi Friends,

I have started building my website with the Neighborhood theme. I haven’t touched any of the real code, just customized the Theme options, colors and have added some custom css in the custom css area and have begun adding pages. I have searched the forum and it seems like you are supposed to have the child theme installed to work on the website. And I don’t have a child theme installed.

Am I supposed to be working with the child theme instead? And IF so, what do I need to save or back-up so I don’t lose anything? What are the proper steps to take now that I have already started?

Any guidance/feedback is much appreciated.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

If you are not editing anything other than the css then all you don’t really need to use a child theme because adding custom css in the theme options works as well.

– Kyle

onehipcat

Thanks Kyle. What about the notification that I have that says to update the theme to 1.66? Would I lose all my work if I updated the theme?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

no you won’t lose your work

– Kyle

kbrannen2812

Kyle, do you have a recommendation for setting up a child theme on Neighborhood if we are making changes to the .php?

Thanks,
    K

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes it is always best to use a child theme if you are making changes, however some of the theme files are not overwrite-able in the child theme

– Kyle

kbrannen2812
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

No just create a functions.php file in the child theme and add your own functions. Please note that some functions are not written to be overwrite-able

– Kyle

kbrannen2812
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You dont need to make any callouts to the parent function.php .
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register