New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Child Theme & Meta Boxes

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years by e4girl.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    e4girl

Hello!  I created a child theme (so I don’t have to edit the main files) and added a custom post type for “Family Members” – it’s a copy of the “Team” custom post type.  The problem I’m having is that I can’t seem to get the meta boxes to appear when adding a “family member”.

The meta box will show up if I add it directly to meta-boxes.php under the parent theme but not if I copy it and try to call it from my child theme. However, if I comment out the parent theme include for the meta-boxes.php and only use mine, it works.  I’d rather not mess with the parent theme function in case of updates though.

I’m thinking I missed a step?  Could someone help me with this?  Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

You’d need to set the meta-boxes.php file to load from the child theme, rather than the main theme, which would require a main theme change, so you might as well do the commenting out of the main theme after each update to get it to work. That would be the best way to do so.

– Ed

e4girl

Ok, thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register