Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    DistantLands

We have something misconfigured with a Child Theme and can’t update the neighborhood theme until we get this ironed out. Our WP platform says we’re using a Neighborhood Child theme, but the style.css for the child theme is empty.. the site is using all of the parent files/CSS. I’m trying to figure out what’s going on.

Is the Neighborhood Child theme in use here *actually* a child, or is it a new parent theme, just labeled as a Child, perhaps??

David Martin – Support

Is the child theme active?

Please activate the parent theme.

The child theme is something you would have activated/configured so I am not sure as to what customizations you have previously done.

Thanks.

DistantLands

That’s my point.. I thought I had a child theme activated, but I don’t. I updated the theme and my changes were overwritten!! Can you give me steps to properly create a child for this theme and copy over all of my styling so I don’t lose it again?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

We supply a child theme in the main zip file you can get from ThemeForest, it’s called neighborhood-child.zip and is located in the downloadable file.

Custom CSS changes can go either in the Theme Options => Custom CSS or within the child theme stylesheet.

Please read the WP docs on the child theme usage: https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register