New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Clique Child theme – costum css

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    giawilson

Dear support,

hello again.

i ran into a new problem – hopefully you can help me here again.

i created a child theme based on your clique.
    Everything worked fine it is importing the css from the main theme correctly.

1. Now I wanted to add some css to the child theme but the all the code i define there is not applied.
    2. If i add the same code to the costum css in the theme options it is working fine.
    3. is there a way to disable the costum css feature (in the theme options panel) in favour of the child theme css without messing up the whole framework? (some code i would add to the child theme css to make it the most “important”)
    4. Now my solution was to place the font folder (containing all the fontface fonts) in the clique theme. Do i have to add the font folder to child theme to avoid problems with further updates??

thx tim

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Make sure you have the child theme activated. You can leave the theme options custom css box blank, just add your custom css to your child theme css files.

If you are overwriting things like colors or font sizes you might need to add !important as anything that is defined in the theme options in loaded last.

if your css in your child theme does not work please provide me with a link and login and I will look into the problem for you

– Kyle

giawilson
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok the only css you have is a font change, which will be overwritten by the one in the theme options, and a link color which will also be overwritten.

Is there a reason you have added Georgia in the child theme when you can just set it in the theme options?

Same with the link color? Just set it in color customiser

– Kyle

giawilson

Dear Kyle,

1. i want the child theme css to overwrite the theme options css or the child theme css instead of the costum css -> why isn’t that possible.

2. i have made a lot more css changes to the costum css panel.(check it out)

3. the main problem is the font change. (i want the fonts folder into as the child theme folder) this is the reason why i created a child theme in the first place -> if i update the theme (fontface and all other changes will not be lost and its easier to edit the css.)

4. i could not change the link through the the color costumizer i have set the following things to white. pls check it out yourself.

5. i have to set georgia manually. (the theme options just allow me to set the headings fonts-> but want the serif fonts for the blockquotes thats why i defined it in the css.)

Background Color
    Header Background Color
    Footer Background Color
    Hover Overlay BG Color

pls help

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok let me explain, when the page loads, the order of css is:

parent theme css
    child theme css
    theme options (things like fonts, colors etc)
    custom css in theme options

1) Child theme css will overwrite the parent theme css, but to overwrite anything defined in theme options, you need to add !important

2) If you use child theme css and theme options custom css it will get confusing, I would suggest only using one method

3) What font are you trying to use? If it is Georgia there’s no need to upload it as it is a standard font

4) Links use the accent color

5) I would suggest settings georgia in theme options, and then anything you come across that isn’t in the georgia font, add it to custom css

– Kyle

giawilson

Dear Kyle,

1. got it. i need to add !important in the child theme.css to overwrite declarations (parent theme and theme options) if not it won’t work.

2. I will just use the child theme css. (no custom css)
    My question is can also add the fontface declaration only in the child theme without declaring it in the parent theme first? because i do not want to add any code the parent theme style.css.

3. the font i am trying to use is FF Din for headings and body.
    and georgia or any serif will be used for the block quotes.
    (i uploaded the fonts folder containing the fontface files into the clique theme folder)
    this works but this is not a good solutionas soon as i update the theme to a newer version the folder will be erased be the update.)

4. the accent color was set properly but the links still stayed white. (cc0000)

5. can i add my fonts or replace them with the standard fonts in the theme options panel via select?

thx tim

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You can upload your own fonts to the child theme folder, you just need to make sure the link to the font in css fontface is correct, and it will work.

Please point out to me a link on your website that is white, I can’t see any?

– Kyle

giawilson

Hi Kyle,

1. i put the fonts in the child theme folder. path is correct.
    but it is not working.

2. i solved the problem, the a tag is declared twice.

once at the beginning
    and once under main styles.

i have removed the second a tag in the main styles.

now it works fine

the theme default main style for a is #f7f7f7;

/*========== Main Styles ==========*/

a {
    color: #f7f7f7;
    }

thx tim

Kyle – SUPPORT

You need to make sure you are precise with the css, for e.g. if you just have

h3 {
     font-family: 'FF Din';
    }

It will probably be getting overwritten by something more specific to the div for e.g.

.spb_wrapper h3 {
      font-family: Arial;
    }

It’s best to check with firebug (developer extension for firefox)

– Kyle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register