New Landing How can we help? Atelier Child Theme

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    admin963

Hi

I am completely new to WordPress and themes and i’m not from a computing background.

I have installed WPress. I have purchased the Atelier theme. From my research I understand that it is best to use a child theme. I read that the Child theme is included in the Atelier folder.

I am still a bit nervous about installing it… the Atelier Documentation doesn’t say to install the Child theme but the Parent. What I wanted to know is, if I install the Atelier Child theme will it automatically have all the templates and features of the Parent. I don’t know any programming so will not be able to make any changes.

Also, should I keep a copy of the Child theme folder, as I will probably make a lot of mistakes on my first attempt, so i can delete it and reinstall it again if I need too?

Sorry if this is all very basic.

Many thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Child theme will take all features of parent theme automatically. You need to install both theme and activate only child theme.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

admin963

Hi

Thanks for your help.

If i make mistakes on the child theme, can i just deactivate/ delete the child theme and then add a fresh copy of it again?

Thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

What do you mean by mistakes?

You only need to use the child theme if you are planning on customising the theme, as in the theme files

– Kyle

admin963

As i am a complete beginner, say i create a website using the child theme but i decide i want to scrap that and start fresh. Would i just deactivate it and start again?

Kyle – SUPPORT

No you would need a fresh install of WordPress

– Kyle

mikefrisbee

I’m using an Atelier child theme.

Today I updated the parent theme to 1.9.6, but will that make any difference to the child theme?

Is there any point in updating the parent theme when using a child theme?

mikefrisbee

Also, I have this message: “Your theme (Atelier Child Theme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. You can see which files are affected from the system status page. If in doubt, check with the author of the theme.” Then “atelier/woocommerce/order/order-details.php version 2.5.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.5.3”

In the Atelier parent theme, the version is 2.5.0. This file doesn’t even exist in the child theme.

How do I update the order-details.php version to 2.5.3? How do I actually get the file?

David Martin – Support

Always keep the parent theme updated, it powers the child theme unless overridden.

Locate the Woo files within the child theme files, copy the new ones from the parent theme into the child theme folder structure.

Thank

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register