New Landing How can we help? Atelier Changing order and removing items from product summary.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    mccaul

Could somebody please explain how to change/reorder the woocommerce product attributes (Title/Price/Description), that are currently created through the do_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary' ); call in content-single-product.php ?

In theory these should all be adjustable with a few calls in functions.php to reorder/remove them with calls such as:

remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_title', 5 );
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_price', 10 );
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'sf_product_share', 45 );

However, they have no effect.

I can add into the page with add_action commands to woocommerce_single_product_summary, but not remove/re-order what is there.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You would need to edit the content-single-product.php file

– Kyle

mccaul

Hi Kyle,

I had tried that, but call the woocommerce file about 1/2 way down, which controls half of the items posted.

<?php
    	/**
    	* woocommerce_single_product_summary hook
    	* @hooked woocommerce_template_single_title - 5
    	* @hooked woocommerce_template_single_price - 10
    	* @hooked woocommerce_template_single_excerpt - 20
    	* @hooked woocommerce_template_single_add_to_cart - 30
    	* @hooked woocommerce_template_single_meta - 40
    	* @hooked woocommerce_template_single_sharing - 50
    	*/

do_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary' );
    ?>			

Deleting that one line of code removes everything south of the price from the product page.
    (stock status, description, meta, sharing, etc… )

The way the code is commented, it implies that all of these can be changed, removed, or re-ordered with standard remove_action calls in function.php …
    However, having tried this, it doesn’t seem to work.

I can add new actions to the woocommerce_single_product_summary, which will appear anywhere I like depending on the priority I give it, but I can’t remove the items as listed in the SwiftIdeas comments in that php file.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

This will not control the order of the items on the page as such, please open the file content-single-product.php.

There you will see the standard:

1)

Title: <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

Price: Starts on Line 111 to Line 121.

You can reorder them within that file.

Thanks,
    David.

mccaul

Hi Dean,

I understand that, and had used that to get rid of the breadcrumbs and next/previous buttons above the title.

However, everything rendered beneath the price, is all done with the one call to ‘do_action’.

It’s all of those I’d like to re-oder or remove, and that doesn’t seem possible under the standard practice ‘remove_action’ command?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

From what I read in this article below after you successfully remove them using the remove_action you need to add them again with different priorities(this will determine their order in the page).

Reorder Product Page Contents – WooCommerce

Take a look at it. Hope it helps.

-Rui

mccaul
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

The only hooks I can confirm I can remove are the “Add to cart” and “Meta”.

Within my child theme functions.php:

remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_add_to_cart', 30 );
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_meta', 40 );

The title/price/rating/pagination and comments are above the action: do_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary' ); within content-single-product.php.

It looks like the comments above the do_action need to be updated to reflect this.

I’ll request a response from the developer so we can clarify this.

Thanks,
    David.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @mccaul

At the moment they are directly in the content-single-product.php file as David said. I’ll get this re-worked for the next feature release.

– Ed

tonn

Hi Ed,

I was just wondering if the changes were implemented in the latest 1.74 release?

Many thanks,

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

No – they are planned in for v1.80 however.

Thanks,

– Ed

tonn

No problem. Thanks Ed

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Thanks Ed.
    -Rui

keysilinares

Has this been updated? I wish to have my short product description below ‘add to cart’ and ‘variations’. Please advise. Thanks!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Yes it has, follow David’s instructions above

– Kyle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register