New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Change Post pagination to "Previous" and "Next"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    TheHomepage

Hello,

The standard Dante options is that the pagination on a post page mentions the exact title of the previous post and the exact title of the next post.
    Where in the php code can I change something in order that the pagination
    shows always “previous post” and “next post” instead of the titles of the posts.

Many thanks in advance !

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please open to edit single.php file of theme.
    Find this code:-

<ul class="post-pagination-wrap curved-bar-styling clearfix">
    <li class="prev"><?php next_post_link('%link', __('<i class="ss-navigateleft"></i> <span class="nav-text">%title</span>', 'swiftframework'), FALSE); ?></li>
    <li class="next"><?php previous_post_link('%link', __('<span class="nav-text">%title</span><i class="ss-navigateright"></i>', 'swiftframework'), FALSE); ?></li>
    </ul>

Change to:-

<ul class="post-pagination-wrap curved-bar-styling clearfix">
    					<li class="prev"><?php next_post_link('%link', __('<i class="ss-navigateleft"></i> <span class="nav-text">Next Post</span>', 'swiftframework'), FALSE); ?></li>
    					<li class="next"><?php previous_post_link('%link', __('<span class="nav-text">Previous Post</span><i class="ss-navigateright"></i>', 'swiftframework'), FALSE); ?></li>
    </ul>

Thanks
    Mohammad

TheHomepage

Many thanks Mohammad. Works great !

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You most welcome.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

TheHomepage

Hi Mohammed,

Your code workes just fine !

But now i have also an English section on my website.
    As I applied your code in the single.php file with Dutch words, how can I add English words for when people click “English” on my site. Then the pagination should show the words in English and not in Dutch.

Thanks in advance to help out!

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Have you added your custom text within the theme translation strings? Ex:

__('<span class="nav-text">Your custom text</span><i class="ss-navigateright"></i>', 'swiftframework'), FALSE);

If so, you will need to re-scan your site using WPML so the strings are updated and the translations will need to be added.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register