New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Change post features

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    TheHomepage

Hello,

Here 3 questions regarding features on the level of an individual post:

1/ How can I remove the links to the next and previous articles and the “posted in” at the top of each article to
    the bottom of the article, underneath the “share” options, and right above “related articles” ? Thanks

2/ How can I set default that that the page title of the post has to be shown? So, that I don’t have to go always to the post meta options and turn it on? Thanks

3/ How to delete “posted on” and “in uncategorized” but still displaying the date at the top of the article?

4/Title of the post: when my question 1 can be solved, is there an option to display the title of the post article on the place of the previous pagination (as this will have moved to the bottom)?

Many thanks for helping out!

David Martin – Support

Hi,

1) Please add this to your custom CSS:

ul.post-pagination-wrap.curved-bar-styling.clearfix,
    .post-info span:nth-child(1) {
        display: none;
    }

This will remove the pagination and post in. To add the pagination to the bottom of the single post, please activate your child theme and I’ll talk you through the steps.

2) How odd, it should do that by default? It does for me on my dev version. Can you update the theme? http://beautypointcoaching.be/wp-admin/update-core.php

3) Please activate your child theme and I’ll talk you through the steps.

– David.

TheHomepage

Hi, I activated the child theme, but turned it off as the layout of the blog and the menus dissapeared.
    Please help me out further.

Thanks,

Liz

David Martin – Support

Hi Liz,

When you activate the child theme, you will need to re-add your menu in Dashboard => Appearance => Menu.

The blog should not change. Let us know what page URL, if it does.

Thanks,
    David.

TheHomepage

ok, thanks Dante Child theme has been activated and
    menu has been reassigned.

What are the next steps?

Thanks

TheHomepage

Hi,

Here already my answer to question 2/
    > How can I set default that that the page title of the post has to be shown? So, that I don’t have to go always to the post meta options and turn it on? Thanks
    > Now the core has been updated, but the post title is not shown automatically.

Regarding question 3/
    I’m waiting for your instructions.

Thanks

David Martin – Support

Hi,

2) I think I have previously answered this thismorning for you: http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/make-meta-option-for-post-page-heading-option-permanent/

3) How to delete “posted on” and “in uncategorized” but still displaying the date at the top of the article? – this is already hidden? http://beautypointcoaching.be/post-2-test/

Thanks,
    David.

TheHomepage

Hi, thanks a lot !

The only thing lacking is that you walk me through the steps related to the Child Theme

“This will remove the pagination and post in. To add the pagination to the bottom of the single post, please activate your child theme and I’ll talk you through the steps.”

David Martin – Support

Hey,

Apologies bit of confusion on my part.

Can you clarify, do you want me to inform you how to install/activate your child theme? Or are you looking for a modification to add into the child theme?

Cheers,
    David

TheHomepage

Hi,

Here a small resume: what I want is this:

1/ Remove the pagination “posted in” at the top of each article to
    the bottom of the article, underneath the “share” options, and right above “related articles” ?

Please see screenshot. I want it to look like on the Screenshot

It’s this part that I want to move down:
    ul.post-pagination-wrap.curved-bar-styling.clearfix,
    span:nth-child(1)

2/ display the date at that spot, not the categories etc… For the moment there’s a display none, as I don’t arrive to show the dates alone.

Actually I want everything as It looks on the screenshots.I think it must be 2 lines of CSS, right?

Thanks !

David Martin – Support

Hi,

1)

To please create a new file in your child theme folder called single.php. Inside of this file, please post the code which can be found here: http://pastie.org/private/k3a3tnuk0lxsubsgpli8a.

This will move the pagination down to the bottom as requested.

2) Not sure I understood that, can you create an annotated screenshot to show what you require.

Thanks,
    David.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register