New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Categories and Sidebars Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    tboogie

1) I have several categories on my site and prior to purchasing flexform I used the custom sidebar plugin to create custom sidebars for each category. Now that I’m using flexform, it overrides the custom sidebar plugin and I cannot specify sidebars for the different categories. I’ve tried using the settings int the Archive/Category Options tab under theme options, but it’s not working. Can you help me figure this out?

2) Also, is there a way to make image the default selection for post thumbnails? I have a ton of posts on my site and I’m having to go in manually and make this change even though I have a featured image set.

Thanks for your help!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

1) Hmm. I’m not sure of a workaround for this, other than editing the category/archive template, and removing the set sidebar variables. Are you comfortable editing php?

2) Sure. What you want to do is edit /includes/sf-content-display/sf-post-formats.php and above line 373:

if ($thumb_type != "none") {

add:

if ($thumb_type == "") {
    $thumb_type = "image";
    }

– Ed

tboogie

Hi Ed,
    The image fix you provided for posts worked like a charm! Thanks so much! As for the category issue, I’m comfortable editing php so just tell me what to do! Thanks so much for your help!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Check archive.php and category.php and replace the instances of:

<?php dynamic_sidebar($left_sidebar); ?>
    <?php dynamic_sidebar($right_sidebar); ?>

With:

<?php dynamic_sidebar(); ?>

– Ed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register