New Landing How can we help? Atelier Catalog/shop page and Quickview shortcomings

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    alibey

Hi Ed and company

Just completed day 1 of end user testing and they all say the same thing, more or less — instead
    of admiring the elegance of Atelier, they all were fixated on the shortcomings of the catalog. here is a summary of what they said

1) Product Short Description
    They want to see to the product details on the shop page right up front without having to click on 2 the product page.
    basically they want to see the image, product details, and price all in the same place then be able to one click buy.
    In needlepoint, products details are size and mesh count, typically rendered in shorthand.
    So ideally what you would see under a product image is, for eg, 12″h x 6″w 13m (where m is shorthand for mesh count)
    This is already in the Product Short Description field
    Am I wrong, or is Quickview unable to pick up the Product Short Description?

2) What’s with the double Product images in Quickview? Is one supposed 2 b a thumbnail? But even so, why?
    It is visually redundant, obviously. I could remove one of the images with css, but it would leave a gaping hole.
    Any ideas on a better solution that makes the Quickview box more compact?

3) Nobody liked the boxy buttons at the bottom of the Quick View popup box that displays quantity, add to cart, and wish list
    They said things like “this looks like floor plans” and the “layout to my condo”
    Is there a better more elegant way to display these buttons?

4) How do you get rid of displaying the product category in shop/catalog and quickview – the users felt
    they were clutter — it is useful for search and nothing more

5) my client is not happy about having to do double data entry if the only solution is the copy the short description and leave it in the caption. Btw the testers loved the short product description being in the image caption, which I added in several products

6) the testers had trouble grasping the meaning of the wish list icon, but figured it all out in the end

Testing will continue through Sunday. Any feedback much appreciated. If you are interested, I can provide user feedback re the Swift Slider which they are testing tomorrow

cheers,

Ali

ps attached is from the Theme Options drop down. Is this a Woocommerce mistake? Could this be what was intended for
    displaying the product short description?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    alibey

all sorted out. i got rid of quickview and make the product descriptions visible via css.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Brilliant! I am glad ๐Ÿ™‚ that you managed to resolved the issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

alibey

Most of this has been fixed. Quickview not part of launch as it brings no value to this particular site.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Glad ๐Ÿ™‚ that your issues resolved.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

dvdowns

I too am having issues with quick view, I’d love to see the CSS used for your fix, and if possible a screenshot.

alibey

hi dvddown

i am no longer using either quickview (too baroque) or the swift slider. my crude css fix (see below) has to do with using the caption area below a swift slide to force the woocommerce “add to cart” short code (when added to a slide page) 2 look more presentable, and despite this, it still looked pretty amateurish though it is thx to the flexbox responsive. in the end, i went instead w/ the plain old atelier shop catalog metaphor, with full price products only off one menu option (this is the shop page with sale items hidden), and a catalog element from the swift builder where i scope the products to being only the ones one sale (which you can specify). this worked fine, and allows buyers to immediately choose off the menu if they want to view full price products only, or sale items only, and makes use of built in cart and wish list functionality. i also offer the ability to cut across sales and full price via categories (ie, dog products, cat products, etc) client is pleased and therefore so am i… imho i think the heyday for ecommerce sliders has come and gone, particularly since the swift slider does not support hover and the revolution slider a target for hackers… what you might want to do is consider doing what i did which is to present customers with a fast loading matrix of images they can click on and checkout quickly. nice, clean, and fast, and is pure atelier without any need for xtra css. the css code i wrote, which you can expand by adding comma separated post #s (as the code below works for only 1 product /slider page) is as follows”

/* start of caption code under slider css */

.caption-excerpt pre  {

display: flex;
        flex-direction: column;
        background: black;

overflow-y:hidden;
        overflow-x:hidden;

margin: auto;
        width: 90%;

}

.add_to_cart_inline {

background: black;

margin: auto;
        width: 90%;
        border-color: black !important;  

}

.post-14915 del .amount {  /* you can add xtra .post classes (for additional products) here, separated by commas *?
        align-items: center;
    	justify-content: center;
        color: white;
        font-size: 135%;
        background-color: black   !important;
        border-style: solid !important;
        border-width: 1px   !important;
        border-color: black    !important;

}

.post-14915 ins .amount {  /* expand here */

align-items: center;
    	justify-content: center;
        color: red;  
        font-size: 155%  !important;
        background-color: black   !important;
        border-style: solid !important;
        border-width: 2px   !important;
        border-color: #191919 !important;

}

.post-14915 .sf-icon-add-to-cart {  /*expand*/

font-size: 200%;
    }

.post-14915  .wp-caption-text {  /* expand*/

font-size: 70%  !important;
    }

.caption-content .tooltip{
    display:none !important;
    }

/* end of caption code */

cheers,

ali

alibey

get rid of a question mark in one of the comments above

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I am glad that you managed to resolve the issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

alibey

please cancel/close topic – solved without help from swift support

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Brilliant! Glad that your sorted it.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register