New Landing How can we help? Cart dissapeared

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    FreekRaijmakers

Hi There,

I just tried to change the name of the ‘cart’ page to ‘winkelwagen’ (Dutch for Cart), but now the entire cart-layout has dissapeared. Attached you will find what the cart looks like now. Pretty empty. How can I get it back?

Also the weird thing about the website now is that a big part of the website has been translated to Dutch (automatically by WooCommerce I assume) but still some text show up in English. I want to change these text myself, or do I have to use WPML?

Best,

Freek

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    FreekRaijmakers

Thanks!

But something that still bothers me is that half of the text is Dutch and the other half is English. How can I change these English texts to Dutch? Is that possible without WPML? And this does not only goes for the cart.

Best,

Freek

Attachments:
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

You would need to translate the theme also: http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-theme-using-poedit/.

WPML is used to manage multiple languages, as you need just one language you likely would not need it.

FreekRaijmakers

Thanks, that has worked.

Some other things:

– In the checkout I can’t find a check-box which customers have to check in order to accept the terms and conditions (including a link to the terms).

– Where can I find and adjust the current FAQ? Have tried via Theme options –> Woocommerce options but can’t find it.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

You need to set the page for terms and conditions.https://cl.ly/0x3Q3y1X0B0R/Image%202017-05-24%20at%203.06.19%20PM.png

In the Theme Options ->Woocommerce options check the Modal 4 content.

https://cl.ly/0v2s3k322J3I/Image%202017-05-24%20at%203.04.24%20PM.png

You should have a look at the Woocommerce documentation.

-Rui

FreekRaijmakers

Hi there,

I stumbled upon somehting else. In the woocommerce settings I have checked the box which says that the VAT for shipping should be based on the VAT-rate of the items in the basket. Now I have put a 21%-Vat and 6% (standard)-VAT product in the basket, but the shipping costs still uses the 6% VAT. According to my information the system should always use the highest VAT-rate from the cart. So 21%. I can’t find anything about it in the woocommerce documentation. Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Best,

Freek

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can you test it using the default WordPress theme Twenty Seventeen? To see if the results are the same.

-Rui

FreekRaijmakers

Hi,

but when I switch to that theme, will I not loose all the settings and adjustments I have made to Atelier? Can I switch back and will everything be the same again?

Something else I have seen is that when I use the shipping calculator in the cart the right shipping costs will be estimated, but when I am going forward to the checkout and change the country the shipping costs stay the same. Even if I choose a country that’s way outside the shipping zones that have been calculated.

Best,

Freek

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No you won’t lose any data, at maximum you will need to set again the homepage or the main menu. But that is only done once.

-Rui

FreekRaijmakers

It didn’t change a thing (screenshot added). Still the low VAT-tarrif is used. The shipping costs of 5,99 should have jumped to €6,84 (using the higher Dutch VAT of 21%).

I assume it should be possible to use different VAT-tarrifs in a webshop?

Attachments:
    David Martin – Support

You would need to contact WooCommerce support:

https://support.woothemes.com/hc/en-us

FreekRaijmakers

Okay, will do that.

I discovered then when selecting ‘pick up’ as shipping method that people are not able to choose all the payment methods (such as iDeal in The Netherlands). Can I add a payment methods to shipping methods?

Best,

Freek

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi @Freek,

This is something the theme doesn’t control, you really need to check that with Woocommerce support.

-Rui

FreekRaijmakers

The last problem has dissappeared, but the VAT problem not. The woocommerce support does not have a solution and via their chat they’re telling me that I am not a paying customer so they can’t help me. So I am not sure how to solve the VAT problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register