New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Cardinal vs Joyn vs Dante

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    xcv1001

Hi,

I am thinking to upgrade from Dante to Cardinal vor Joyn. Can you please tell me what are the core differences?
    2. Kindly check my site would all the content work flawlessly if I have upgrade to either one of the new ones? VERY IMPORTANT since it is a corporate website and I dont want to take any risk.

Thanks

AbA

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

1) Joyn and Cardinal are much more powerful than Dante, and have much more possibilities. There are not that many differences between the 2, Joyn just has a few more options and slightly different style, it all depends on personal preference.

2) Obviously the site would not look exactly the same if you changed theme, as it’s a different theme. What I would suggest is downloading a backup of your site, setting a copy up on a test domain or localhost, and then change to the new theme there and build it until you have it looking the way you want, then upload it to the live domain

– Kyle

rcarrascope

Hi Kyle!

I have still doubts about this topic. I know Dante theme and I love it but I miss some features like dynamic customization templates.
    I read in this forum than the new Joyn&Cardinal themes have this feature and other.

I have two questions more:
    1) Have Joyn&Cardinal all the features in Dante and much more? In the live demo there are less features and predesigned pages for Joyn&Cardinal than for Dante.
    2) Is Joyn&Cardinal performance in the browsers better than Dante or the same?

Thank for your support!
    rcarrascope

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

1) Yes they have pretty much all the same features as Dante, and much more. For Dante we did one big main demo, for Cardinal we chose to show off it’s diversity so we made 30 demos. For Joyn we decided to keep it simple, however all the features are still there, we just didn’t create a huge demo

2) Yes Joyn & Cardinal are built on the new swift framework which is much quicker. FYI our latest theme is Atelier, which has the very latest features. It’s focus is ecommerce however it has all of the features of Joyn/Cardinal and some more

– Kyle

rcarrascope

Kyle,

Thanks for your answer.

I will definitely buy one of the new themes. But I’m not sure if I will choose Atelier or Cardinal & Joyn.

I’d like your opinion to make a decision because I’m designing a web site does not need support for e-commerce. It is basically a blog with many different types of categories.

After reading your answer, first I think Atelier is better for having the latest features but otherwise I think I’ll be able to reuse most things in the sample data on topics including Cardinal & Joyn.

What is your advice?

Thank you very much for your support.
    rcarrascope

Kyle – SUPPORT

It’s entirely up to you, like I said Atelier has every single feature that Cardinal & Joyn have, but also some extra. However if you want to import demo content I would recommend going for Cardinal so that you can import the magazine demo

– Kyle

eternalbeta

Sorry to hijack the thread but I actually have a very similar interest in this. This may be more a question for Ed, but do you know how similar the ID and Class naming is between Dante and Atelier? If I went with Atelier I was wondering how much of my custom CSS written for a Dante site I’d be able to carry over.

Thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I’m afraid the class names have changed in most part, custom css for Dante will be very unlikely to work on Atelier without adjusting the selectors

– Kyle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register