New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Cardinal v1.5 known issues

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Msmith

Hello there!

I’m having trouble adding 2nd level items to my main navigation menu. I’m unsure if the theme doesn’t allow for that, or if it’s actually a bug. When I’m setting up the menu, I can add second level menus, but once I click save, all the menu items reset to the top level.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

This wouldn’t be a theme issue as the theme odes not control the menu setup, sounds like a WordPress issue. could you please try uploading a fresh copy of the WordPress files?

– Kyle

Msmith

Hey Kyle,

Thanks for your quick response! It’s just a little much to try to upload an entire new copy of WordPress, I’ll just deal with the menu and try to get creative lol!

Kyle – SUPPORT

All you will need to do is use an FTP software like FileZilla and drag a fresh copy of WordPress onto your server and it will overwrite the old files

– Kyle

Msmith

Hey Kyle,

I uploaded a fresh copy of WordPress but unfortunately that didn’t solve the menu issue.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Msmith,

Definitely nothing in the theme would cause this to not work. Could either be a plugin conflict on something to do with php values in your hosting setup. You could ask your host to take a look?

– Ed

tensor

Hi Ed

good idea. I also found out yesterday that this happens if I use the default text window. Maybe this is an incompatibility with a plugin.

Viele Grüsse / Best Regards / 감사하고 최선 안부

Harald

Kyle – SUPPORT

Thanks for letting us know, glad you found the cause

– Kyle

parcyvall

These are the issues I found concerning Phone and Tablet Layout and Portfolio Design:

Tablet:
    • Title is always displayed. Even if set to not show.
    • Scroll Down Button on Curtain Slider is always displayed. Even if set to not show.

Phone:
    • The window height is not regarded for curtain slider (the header is not subtracted).
    • Scrolling on Curtain Sliders does not work.
    • This leads to not being able to scroll down pages with Curtain Sliders because the Scroll Down Button is below the fold.
    • Wide+Tall images in Portfolio are center cropped

All of the above works fine on standard laptop or desktop.

Desktop Portfolio Issues:
    • Items that link to an external page open the link in the same window, even if they are set to open it in a new one in the settings.

Portfolio Design (not Bugs but suggestions)
    • Phones: Images set to wide in Portfolio are smaller than Standard images. Maybe the standard/wide/tall/wide+tall Setting could be ignored for mobile. Because the setting would normally be used to display a more important item bigger.
    • Fullscreen Video overlay loads the video responsive to the page width. Which makes the player very wide and leading to black pillars left and right of the actual video on standard 16:9 or 16:10 displays.

Kind regards
    Simon

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Tablet:

• Title is always displayed. Even if set to not show.

Page title? Checking here and seems to hide fine on tablet.

• Scroll Down Button on Curtain Slider is always displayed. Even if set to not show.

Has been fixed.

Phone:
    • The window height is not regarded for curtain slider (the header is not subtracted).
    • Scrolling on Curtain Sliders does not work.
    • This leads to not being able to scroll down pages with Curtain Sliders because the Scroll Down Button is below the fold.

Looking into the above for improvements for the next update

• Wide+Tall images in Portfolio are center cropped

Fixed in next update (also suggestion #1 below)

Desktop Portfolio Issues:
    • Items that link to an external page open the link in the same window, even if they are set to open it in a new one in the settings.

Tested here, working fine – can you double check?

Will check the suggestions – thanks for those!

– Ed

parcyvall

Hi Ed,

should have been more precise, sorry. The Title appears in Landscape Mode not in Portrait. I’ve attached screenshots of both to show the difference.

I double checked the external URL issue. It is definitely happening. The page transition animation is starting but the linked page is loading in the same spot. Tested it with different browsers.

Kind regards
    Simon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Simon,

Can you try clearing your cache? I’m not seeing that here – https://www.dropbox.com/s/yp8aa9pgb09tbc1/Screenshot%202014-07-26%2018.20.45.png

The link issue was because of transitions – just fixed that.

Thanks again,

– Ed

parcyvall

Yes the title issue is indeed resolved. Thank you very much!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Great! No problem

parcyvall

In the last update I received the phone version adds a scroll down button to all curtain sliders. Even the ones that have the button disabled. I did not know where to post, as this is not the actual 1.54 but a “custom” version I received because of the portfolio issues.

Kind regards
    Simon

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register