New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions Cardinal Corporate Demo 2: Use of hard-coded colors in theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    cbrady

I’ve been struggling to figure out why colors I had selected in the back-end didn’t appear to be changing on my imported demo pages. I even went so far as to change all the settings to white to see what was / wasn’t working. Once I did that, I realized that some of the demo content had hard-coded color values.

It might be helpful in future versions to not hard-code the colors in the content.

Thanks for listening.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

When you are struggling with something in the theme, please open a topic and we will help you out.
    Can you show us an example? Maybe is something only for demo purposes.

Thanks for the heads up.
    -Rui

cbrady
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Cardinal is quite a complex theme and is packed with features, the capabilities far exceed a lot of other themes therefore there will be things that are a little more tricky and that you may need to ask for help with, which is fine.

When you say things where hardcoded in, this is because you can set colors for row backgrounds, boxed content and other assets. It gives the user more flexibility over what colors they use rather than having to use the colors from color customiser.

– Kyle

cbrady
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I haven’t used Avada before so I can’t compare. However I do know that our developer has spent a long time trying to get the best file structure for our themes. The difference is we have built a framework which we use in each of our themes, where as the Avada team don’t, as they just have one theme. Therefore we need the structure of Cardinal the way it is to make it future proof, and so that the framework in easily passed on to the next theme, and the theme specific stuff in the includes folder.

If you need more information I can forward this to the developer if you like as he has a better understanding than me

– Kyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register