New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Can't turn off "Show Page Title"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    kingrobb

Hello – for some reason I can not edit the checkbox for “Show Page Title” on my home page. After I turn it off and update the page it comes right back again.
    http://icancanopy.com/
    Any idea what is happening?
    BTW – I have updated the theme to 1.1

kingrobb

I have been following this support blog and it seems that there are many threads going un-answered. I have posted two support questions (3 days ago) and still no reply to either one. Hopefully you will find the time and interest to look at my theme problems.

kingrobb

… I even have pages where I successfully was able to run off the checkbox for “Page Meta | Show Page Title” (to remove the title) but the title still shows.

kingrobb

In case you do look at this, the Title on my home page is still there but turned off with CSS

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay.

What do you have set as the default meta options in the theme options panel?

– Ed

kingrobb

Hi Ed – I have “Default Show Page Heading” set to “On”. But I am pretty sure the purpose of the “Show Page Title” checkbox is to over ride that default setting. Right? BTW – I just tried turning the default setting to off and re-editing the home page. After de-selecting “Show Page Title” and hitting update. It comes back. BUT … I also just tried editing the Custom Fields and changed “sf_page_title” to 0 and hit field update. That succeeded to change the setting.

Raquel Wilson

I am having the same issue. My default is to set to NOT show page title, however, when I go into a page that has the page title box ticked, I deselect it and update the page and the check is back again.

kingrobb

try my temp fix ….

I also just tried editing the Custom Fields and changed “sf_page_title” to 0 and hit field update. That succeeded to change the setting.

Raquel Wilson

Thanks kingrobb. I tried changing the field entry to 0 but it didn’t work for me. However I tried just deleting the custom field, unchecked the box then updated the page and it seems to be working now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register