New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint can't solve image BG revolution slider problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    chryseis

Hi ,

I’ve tried everything for two days now but I can’t figure out what is wrong.
    I want to put an image background on revolution slider but my image appears cut. I have half of it when I preview the page. I don’t know what to do.
    I tried different size of pictures, I tried, full width, responsive, fixed option, I tried to create a page with a rev slider parent template and another with default template and adding the rev slider module. Still my picture does not appear entirely in my slider..

Please have a look at the picture I sent with that message.

Can you help me fix this? I need to put that picture for a client and I can’t either put it as a image layer because the max width of my picture is 845 and the slider is 950 so I need the picture to be a background image…

Kind regards,

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi,

I don’t think it’s possible to control background images from Revolution Slider (it stretches them to cover the whole area), but I’m thinking of 2 things:

1) If that image is made in Photoshop, try editing it and having a 950px wide image, with more of the brown gradient on the sides.

2) Leave a link to that page – I want to test if we can do a hack with some custom CSS. Not guaranteed it will work, but I’ll do my best.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jmichaelk

another issue, seemingly related, is that the container around the slider images doesn’t seem to show fully (so I’m not seeing the shadow underneath). I have my images sized to 960…. is that too big? In other words, do I have to reduce the size of the background image to allow for the outer portion to show? I know it’s there, because when I preview the slider (From within the revolution plug-in admin), the proper shadow appears and the bullets also appear properly. But when I go to preview it on my site, it does not quite correspond.

Thanks!

Cosmin – SUPPORT

@jmichaelk – depends on which slideshow you’re using. If it’s full, then it wouldn’t show the shadow like the previewer does in the dashboard. Can you share a link to that page?

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jmichaelk

Thanks Cosmin. It’s definitely set to responsive, and my background images span 960 x 350. The build site is http://wscah.perceptuate.com/ — I really appreciate you taking a look. Also, I’m not sure if it’s helpful, but I’ve attached a screenshot of the slider settings.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Thanks for the link 🙂

Add this custom CSS in the theme options:

.wpb_showcase_widget {
        margin-bottom: 40px;
        overflow: inherit !important;
    }

That should fix it.

Regards,

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

jmichaelk

That definitely worked, though I forgot to mention, the buttons seem to be too close to the edge, as compared to the way it looks in the preview when working in the Revolution tool. Also, I noticed that in Safari, when hovering just outside to the right and left of the buttons, there’s a noticeable flickering of the buttons, appearing both inside and outside the frame of the slider. Thanks again, sorry for all the back and forth.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Add this to the custom css box within theme options:

.tp-leftarrow.default, .tp-rightarrow.default {
    background: transparent url('../images/showcase-nav.png') no-repeat 100% 0;
    width: 30px;
    height: 36px;
    }
    .tp-rightarrow.default {
    background-position: top right;
    }
    @media (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), (min-resolution: 192dpi) {
    	.tp-leftarrow, .tp-leftarrow.large, .tp-leftarrow.square, .tp-leftarrow.round, .tp-rightarrow, .tp-rightarrow.large, .tp-rightarrow.square, .tp-rightarrow.round, .tp-leftarrow.default, .tp-rightarrow.default {
    				background-image: url('../images/[email protected]');
    				background-size: 60px 36px;
    			}
    }

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register