New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Can't Select Google Fonts

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    jovo

Hello. I’m having the same issue as seen in this thread, http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/cant-select-a-font-from-google-font. For some reason, I can’t select the google font from the drop-down list. It appears to freeze up and also the list is actually difficult to scroll. Thanks!

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi jovo,

As Ed has mentioned in the thread link you posted. Its in the todo list and an update will soon be released.

Thank you for your patience.

-Tahir

racker80

It looks like the jquery font plugin is throwing an error. It’s really disappointing, this is something that is actually really holding me back right now. I’m not sure how updates are done with this, but this is a really big deal for me and the google font support was one of the reasons i purchased the theme.

I was able to hack it so that the selector worked, but even then the fonts are not pulled in properly the the theme. Hugely disappointing. Is there any timeline on when/how this will be fixed?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @racker80,

Apologies that you feel that way, however we don’t know of any issue where the fonts aren’t working on the frontend, only an issue with the example not changing under the select. I’ve tested thoroughly here and I’m able to work all 3 google font selects for different fonts on the front end.

If that’s not the case, then can you please provide some more details so that I can check it out?

– Ed

jovo

Hi Ed. What would be the work around for selecting the google fonts on the back end. No matter what I try, the drop-down list is frozen. I thought it might be a timing issue, but even after 15 min, the interface is still locked up. Thanks.

racker80

The plugin that’s breaking is called jquery.fontselect.js. if you use google chrome and go to the console inspector, you’ll see it’s throwing an error on line 20 of that file which is located in the dante theme here: (dante/includes/options/fields/google_webfonts/jquery.fontselect.js)

I just deleted line 20 through 27 of that function:

if (font[1].indexOf(“italic”) >= 0) {
    style = “italic”;
    }

// set family on example
    jQuery(‘#’ + relid + ‘.example’).css(‘font-family’, font[0]);
    jQuery(‘#’ + relid + ‘.example’).css(‘font-weight’, weight.replace(‘italic’,”));
    jQuery(‘#’ + relid + ‘.example’).css(‘font-style’, style);

That let me select the font. but it didn’t seem to allow that font to be displayed on the front end. I didn’t spend a lot of time trying to fix it. But hopefully that helps. let me know if you can get the fonts working on the front end with that.

racker80

Yea, actually taking out those lines does allow you to select the font from the admin. but the font’s don’t actually load from google fonts on the website. I have no clue why. It’s regestering them as being set for the element, but it’s not actually loaded by the website.

This is really disappointing. I don’t understand why this doesn’t work. Having a great font selection is really important. the front-end of the site drops everything to sans-seif if you try to use a google font through the admin. Is there anyway to fix this? do you have an example of this theme working with google fonts somewhere?

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi ,

Version 1.5 is out . Please update the theme and it should be sorted.

All the Best
    -Tahir

fudovsky

I have installed 1.5 version. But i can’t change fonts. Please look at screen

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Looks as though you have a jQuery conflict, can you try disabling any other plugins you have installed?

If you provide a link/login we can check for you.

– Ed

fudovsky

on email or here with private reply?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Private reply please.

– Ed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register