New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Cannot Install Dante

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    davidbrodgers

Hi There,

I just purchased Dante from Themeforest but cannot install it.

I am running WordPress 3.7.1 on Bluehost.

When I attempt to install the Dante.zip file using WordPress Admin, the install hangs, and ends up with a “WordPress Failure Notice” page, which says:

“Are you sure you want to do this?

Please try again.”

I also have Flexform purchased (for another website) which I can install on my blog without problems – I’m only having problems installing dante.zip

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

basilb

Hi Dave

Do you have a webserver running on your local machine/laptop? Makes these sort of problems much easier to resolve. I’m running on Mac and use MAMP PRO which takes a bit of setting up, but once you have, it really helps to test stuff out rather than updating a live site. When you’re happy backup with “Backup WordPress” update the database and files on your live site and you’re done.

I know this doesn’t answer your question, but I thought I’d mention it anyway. I just bought Dante as well and it installed fine on WP 3.7.1. The only way I could install the demo data was to do it locally and then upload the backup.

Good Luck Basil

davidbrodgers

Hi Basil,

What version did you install? V1.1 or an older version?

I’m trying to install V1.1 released today.

basilb

Heya

I initially installed 1.02 a couple of days ago. I have just upgraded to 1.1 but that’s not the same as installing it.

Not sure if you can still download the older version, but if you can you could try that.

Good Luck

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @davidbrodgers,

Sounds like you may need to increase the PHP memory on your server, as the theme zip is quite large due to the 2 slider plugins included. You can ask your host to increase this for you.

If you’re still having problems, drop me a line via http://themeforest.net/user/SwiftIdeas and I’ll send over a smaller build with the sliders included separately.

Hope that helps!

– Ed

davidbrodgers

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to upload the file using ftp, then unzip it from the cPanel host side of things.

All is good now!

Thanks for making such an awesome theme! Looking forward to working with it – flexform was amazing so I’m sure Dante will be even better!

benedicteciotti

Hi!

I have the same problem to upload the latest version… though I already increase the memory limit for the initial installation?
    What can I do?

Thx for your answer.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi Benedict,

Please see this url http://botcrawl.com/how-to-install-wordpress-themes/ which explains how to install the theme via ftp.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tahir

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks Tahir!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register