New Landing How can we help? Atelier Can we design our own 'Shop' and 'Category' pages?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    mikefrisbee

I am asking this because I find the design options on the ‘default’ shop and category pages very limited.

Do I need to allocate a ‘Shop’ page in Woocommerce/Settings/Products/Display? If I do, then the shop page we designed, shop-03, changes to shop-02.

Similarly with Categories. Presumably we must follow a structure? If we set a category for a product, then we must use the Atelier category page? Or can we design or own page and allocate it as a Category page?

Personally, I think that is the weakest part of the theme design.

If we do have to stick with the structure of using the Atelier category pages, then how do we get rid of the tab on the header image, and how do we increase the depth of the image? Also, how can we format the text on the page, if we want bold or italics etc?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

This isn’t a limitation of the theme, it’s a limitation of WooCommerce, the shop/category pages use the woocommerce files. Yes you can create your own pages using our page builder, and add them to your menu, like we have on our demo here: http://swiftideas.com/form-demo/buy-stuff/

– Kyle

mikefrisbee

Thanks, Kyle.

So, as products are in categories and sub-categories, we have no choice but to use the Woocommerce category pages?

Or I could not assign products to categories and design my own pages, with sub-menus etc?

For help on the Woocommerce pages, I’ll presumably have to go on their support forum?

Kyle – SUPPORT

You can create your own category pages, however when someone clicks on a category link for e.g. on the product page, it will go to the WooCommerce Category page

– Kyle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register