New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Nota Bypass slideout cart, change cart page name

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Nota
    lew-egr

Hi, I’d like to disable the slideout/flyout cart option and direct users straight to the cart page when they click the cart icon in the header. Is this possible?

Also, I’ve changed the cart page name to ‘basket’ but the current ‘view cart’ button directs to the old /cart URL and a 404 page, even after updating permalinks. This should be negated by bypassing the slideout cart though.

Many Thanks

David Martin – Support

Hi,

1) Sure, enable this option in the WooCommerce settings: Products => Display => Shop & product pages => Shop page =>
    Add to cart behaviour => Redirect to the cart page after successful addition

2) You need to set the new cart page URL in the WooCommerce settings: Checkout => Checkout pages => Cart page.

lew-egr

Hi, sorry, perhaps I wasn’t very clear.

I have the ‘direct to cart after adding to basket’ option ticked already and that’s fine. What I want to change is the action of the cart icon in the header – when clicked, instead of showing the slideout/floating cart – just have it link direct to the basket page.

The link to the cart page from within the slideout menu is not updating the link to /basket even though WC is set correctly to use the newly renamed ‘Basket’ page

Many thanks

David Martin – Support

1) Please install and activate the supplied child theme. Once complete update this ticket and I will add the function to alter this. Please also add your FTP details.

2) Please add/remove cart items from the slideout, it’s possible the AJAX fragment needs to be updated.

Thanks.

lew-egr

Hi David,

I’m only making minimal changes to the core theme so i chose not to use a child theme for this site. I’d prefer not to lose all the customisation i’ve already done too.

Related to child theme change –

I’ve been looking at changing the area woocommerce crops images (for portrait images) – based on the guide here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38236848/how-to-change-woocommerce-thumbnail-crop-position

It states i need to ‘switch your active theme to another and then switch back to activate it’ – i might reconsider using the child theme if that’s the case.

Do you have any control over the crop position from a theme development side?

Many thanks

David Martin – Support

Hi,

I’d 100% recommend using a child theme for all theme modifications, it’s the WordPress way to modify parent theme files. Even more so with a future pending release which you will need to run to be 100% compatible with all the WooCommerce updates.

– The theme does not alter the crop position no, only WooCommerce handles the actual image sizes: WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display. You need to use this plugin to rebuild your thumbnails after changing image sizes: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/.

lew-egr

OK, thanks David, i’ll look at switching over to a child theme.

Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Thanks David.

-Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register