New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Broken Portfolio Category Name in Swift Builder

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    akirichev

Hi Swiftideas,

I’ve faced an issue with the theme, maybe with the SwiftBuilder in particular.
    The website is in Bulgarian and uses the Cyrillic alphabet for the permalinks, slugs, and titles.

When I add a Portfolio Categories written in Cyrillic they looks like “%d0%b1%d0%b8%d1%82%d1%83%d0%bc%d0%bd%d0%b0-%d1%85%d0%b8%d0%b4%d1%80%d0%be%d0%b8%d0%b7%d0%be%d0%bb%d0%b0%d1%86%d0%b8%d1%8f”

Please find the attached screenshot for more information. Ive included a screenshot of the problematic area and a screenshot of the WordPress’ Category management screen where category names are displayed correctly

P.S. I have only local instance of the website and can not provide

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

I’ll forward this to my colleague Rui to see if anything can be done for this.

Thanks.

akirichev

And what does Rui say?

There are 4 days with no adequate answer for an obvious bug/issue with the theme. This is not a customization issue, nor a misconfiguration. This is how your theme (Page Builder) get the data from the DB. If I wanted to dig into your code and chase bugs by myself I would have written a custom theme from scratch.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi @akirichev,

Apologize for the delay, I understand that you are unhappy with this situation.
    Can you provide me admin credentials so I can login and debug the jQuery to see where is the problem?

Use the private reply. As soon as you reply I will receive an email and will check it asap.

-Rui

akirichev
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks. Will give a try.

-Rui

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

This a complex problem because of the conversion from cyrillic to utf8 code, inside jQuery this is not recognised.

I manage to find a plugin that does the conversion of the slugs to plain text since jQuery doesn’t understand those characters.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/cyr3lat/

Give it a try.

-Rui

akirichev

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the reply!
    This is awkward. I am facing this issue for the first time in my wordpress practice.
    Unfortunately such a conversion will not work in my case, because the website will be multi-language and most of the taxonomies are using international names, which will cause conflict in both languages and there will be category slugs like “partners-1”.

For now I will try this solution, but still all permalinks will use this “transliterated” format, which is not good.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

those dropdowns and the other elements in the page builder are managed using jQuery. Will chat with our head developer about this, to see if there is any workaround.

-Rui

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register