Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Hi!

The breadcrumbs supposedly:
    Website > Products > variable > Products Name

Instead it shows:(product page)
    Website > Blog – Standard with no sidebars > Blog – Standard with both sidebars > Products > variable > Products Name

Same for Blog: (product post)
    Website > Blog – Standard with no sidebars > Blog – Standard with both sidebars > Blog > Blog Post

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Please see how we have it set – http://cl.ly/QJzT

– Ed

Glen Cuoco

I can’t seem to turn off the Breadcrumb that appears on the right hand side of a Product page. It is contained in a highlighted, rectangular box and shows this, for example: “WD2 > BLOG – Standard with no sidebars > simple > Honda Scoopy S12 110cc”

The only way I can get rid of it is if I deselect the “Show Page Title” option within the Main Detail Options section of a Product page. I’ve tried checking the box for “Remove the breadcrumbs on the page” within that section, but it still shows up.

I’ve spent a considerable amount of time trying to sort this problem out without having to bother anyone here on the forum, but finally have to ask for help. I also checked out the above link that Ed supplied, but can’t find any area in my WordPress editor to show that particular page example.

Thanks for your help, in advance!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hey Glen!

You can use this custom css in order to remove the breadcrumbs from all your product pages:

.single-product #breadcrumbs {
    display: none;
    }

Cheers!

Glen Cuoco

Hi Melanie.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my post. Unfortunately, I’m new to all of this and have been trying to learn as I go along. While I have a basic understanding of CSS programming, I’ve never written any CSS code before. Also, I’ve only recently started to buy Themes and modify them within WordPress.

I always try to figure out things on my own, before bothering anyone here on the Support Forum, but I’m afraid I can’t determine which CSS file needs to have the additional custom coding added, which you have kindly provided.

I hope you, or someone else, won’t mind helping me a bit more, so I can get this part done and move on further within the Neighborhood Theme.

Thanks again for your time and your help!

Glen Cuoco

I spent a lot of time, yesterday, looking for a way to solve this problem within the WordPress editor, but could find nothing to help. This morning, however, I thought about it some more and wonder whether this is an error within the Theme, which needs to be addressed. The reason I say this is because there’s a box, in each Product editing page (it’s under Main Detail Options), which is supposed to remove Breadcrumbs when the box is ticked. Rather than having to add a piece of CSS code to fix it, shouldn’t we be trying to figure out why this box selection doesn’t work?

The problem exists with each of the Demo products, as well as any of the new products I’ve added. In reviewing the Theme Documentation (and I’ve done so lots of times!), the section of Products is a bit vague to someone like me, who has never worked with an Ecommerce Theme before. It would be nice to have a description of all the options within a Product page to help those of us who are just starting out. I even took a look at the Woo Commerce documentation on their site, but am still somewhat confused.

I realize that most of you have worked extensively with this type of Theme before and hope you can help me to get on the right track. I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Glen Cuoco

I just deactivated the Breadcrumb NavXT plugin and the problem went away!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Okay I see – thanks for letting us know!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register