New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform bootstrap-responsive.940.css

• This topic has 23 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years by badpixa.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    darkcanvas

I noticed this new file in the CSS folder.
    Does that mean that we can get an option for 940px or 1170px width?
    because if we did, that would be brilliant.. πŸ™‚

J

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Yes, all you need to do is copy the contents from that file into the bootstrap-responsive.min.css file πŸ™‚

– Ed

Charlie999

Hi
    I see this thread is marked as resolved, i tested it and i like it very much. But there is a few issues width it.

1. When using Full Width Layout, Textblock Full Width, Page Title alt bg’s, Clients elements and maybe more does not go to full width on screen.

2.When using Boxed Layout, only the content (not the page) will change and it leaves a lot of empty space to left and right. My solution to that was to change the Boxed Layout width in responsive.css file to 1100. Maybe there was a better way? Margins mayby?

That gives me a problen with the Swift Slider Caption Position, which can be aligned to left and right. They goes too far to left and right and are not inside the slider.

i haven’t find other issues than those, but i have not tested the site with iphone, smartphones and that stuff yet. Can you help me with those problems perhaps?

Charlie999

Ok i found the caption position in Swift Slider when using boxed layout. But the first problems with Full width layout are still there.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Charlie,

This isn’t officially supported (which is why there is no option for it in the theme options), but was provided incase people wanted to move towards 940.

I’ve made a note to look into what I can do for providing full support for this in the next update πŸ™‚

– Ed

Charlie999

That’s ok, i got the boxed version to work fine.

bakermedia

Hello Charlie999 (and site staff!) I need badly the same thing is there any way you can tell me what you did on bootstrap-responsive-min.css to make it all work in 940?

Charlie999

Hello bakermedia!
    Actually it does not work properly with the 940 width. As i wrote before there is too many issues when using Full Width Layout. It works better in Boxed Layout, with some css edits.

There is the bootstrap-responsive.940.css file in the css folder. All you need to do is copy the contents from that file into a copy of bootstrap-responsive.min.css file or rename the 940.css file to that. Than you need to do a couple of css changes in the Theme Options Custom css. It’s possible that there are more issues with this than i founded, and remember that there is no support for it here. I actually changed back to the default.

WARNING: BE SURE YOU HAVE SAVED A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL BOOTSTRAP-RESPONSIVE.MIN.CSS FILE IF YOU TRY THIS AND WANT TO CHANGE BACK!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi bakermedia, and Charlie for chiming in.

We haven’t actually provided built-in support for 940, which is why we don’t advertise it.

We do have the file there incase you want to try it out, and we do plan to look into adding full support for it soon.

– Ed

bakermedia

Charlie, Ed – I have a PSD that I am going to cut into this theme, client wanted the 940px and not any bigger. Can you give me any specifics so that I can make a boxed 940w?

I know it’s not supported but there has to be a “relatively easy” way to completely bypass the larger size?

I want it to simply default to 940 boxed and never show the 1170.

I appreciate the help sincerely!

Charlie999

Ok, let’s try it together, i’m going to test this on my test site too.

Step One:
    In Flexform Theme Files you will find a file called bootstrap-responsive.940.css. Make a new folder somewhere (name it to 940 for example) and copy the bootstrap-responsive.940.css to that folder. Than rename it to bootstrap-responsive.min.css. Than use FTP and go to wp-content/themes/flexform/css folder and rename the original bootstrap-responsive.min.css file to ORGbootstrap-responsive.min.css , than you have a backup on the server too. Than upload the newly copied file from your (940 folder) to the same place.

Step Two:
    I know there was also some changes we need to do in the flexform/css/responsive.css file, (the page width needed to be changed here too, because it will leave a lot of empty space to left and right of the body) but i can’t remember where and what i did last time, but i’m testing this on my test site too, so maybe we can figured them out.

But for so far, Good Luck with the step one.

Regards, Charlie

Charlie999

Step Two:
    Next step was to do the same thing to the responsive.css file, you will find it on same folder, copy it to that (940 folder) and at Lines 18 and 50 change the width to 1020 px for example.

Go to your URL and rename the original responsive.css file to ORGresponsive.css to have a backup. Than upload the new responsive.css file to the same folder. Now it should look good in Boxed Layout, but remember we will find more issues later on, we have to test it all.

It is also quite good in Full Width, but there is issues with the Page Titles, Full Width Text Blocks and some more, they do not go to Full Widt of the the screen, but we can try if we can find out a way to it.

Regards, Charlie

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks Charlie, once again we appreciate your help!

– Ed

Charlie999

Hello Ed!
    I think i was able to turn my test site to 940 in Boxed Layout with the method above and only a few css codes in Theme Options Custom css. It was the Swift Slider Captions and the Mini menu. Actually i haven’t found any other issues, but i’m still testing of cource.

BTW, what is the best way to enter some code here? I remember last time i tried, it did not worked so good.

I know you are very buzy Ed, and that this is not supported here yet, but is it possible for you to give me a little help with the Full Width Layout in 940 grid. As far as i can see now there is only one problem with that, and it’s the Alt Bg’s which are not expanding to the full width of the screens.

Strange, but just during the time of writing this comment, I got an idea of ​​what it could be. Shall immediately test it and check it out.

Regards, Charlie

Charlie999

Hi
    I wasn’t lucky with the Alt.Bg’s in full Width Layout. Can not get them to work as before.

But i found a workaround. I was able to get them inside the content instead, and then use a transparent Alt-Bg image. I did not find a way to get a padding or margin to the text in there, that’s why i use transparent image. But if i center the text i can use colored Alt-Bg’s as well.

Now i have found one more issue, there’s not enough space to the Carousel elements, because of the arrows to the right. It cut’s of a little bit of the first article in the Carousel. Will look for this, Maybe there is a possibility to have only 3 posts showing at same time?

Regards, Charlie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register