New Landing How can we help? Atelier Blurred thumbnail images on product pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    skullo27

Hi, I noticed a very strange problem today after upgrading to the latest theme version, if you look at a product page, the thumbnail images are all blurred like they are the wrong resolution. I have not changed any images and only notice the issue after the update.

See attached screen shots.

Any ideas how I can fix this ASAP?

Many thanks
    Sam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    skullo27

Hi, so I looked into this more and I had my thumbs set at 90px, I guess that is too small? although I never noticed until the update today, did something change. I inspected the page and see that the thumb size is actually 144.75px, so I resized to 150px and they look better. However, I am on a Rentina macbook pro and and they only look sharp if I double the size to 300px, does that sound like the way it should be? I don’t want to slow down my product pages with massive thumbnails just to satisfy retina MBP’s.

Let me know what you think.

The page I updated using regen thumbnails plugin is https://www.supereight.net/shop/dickies-taylorsville-bomber-jacket-dark-olive/

thanks
    Sam

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Yes double them up please. Why do you have them set so small, to improve for loading times? Usually you can afford the thumbs to be bigger.

skullo27

TBH I do not know why they were that small, I set it all up when we first installed atelier and have not changed since, it is weird I only just saw a difference.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

If necessary use the regenerate thumbnails plugin after changing the thumbnail size.

-Rui

skullo27

Hi yes I used that… 10,000 image, took a while!

thanks.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I bet, but it works fine. No problem.

-Rui

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register