New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Punch blog, skills, and homepage questions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Punch
    ojpstudios

Hi there! I love the theme— I just have a couple of questions:

1) Blog page
    – How do I get the featured image to show up on the blog page (i.e. a thumbnail, etc). On the demo I notice that the blog page does show pictures, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get them to display
    – I also can’t get the impact text title to appear on the blog. Ideas?

2) Skills
    – In the documentation it says that you can implement “skills” on the portfolio posts.. however there’s no instruction on how to actually implement it?

3) Homepage
    – Is it possible to stick in some sort of “recent work” shortcode that can pull from the most recent 3-4 portfolio items onto any page? It might be cool to just put a taste of other pages on my home page to entice people to look deeper. This is more of a feature request for the next version, but if you have a quick idea of how to achieve this in the meantime then I’d love to hear it! (it might be cool to have some other options to spice up the homepage, too, on that note)

4) Portfolio item slider
    – I notice that we can’t use existing photos from the media gallery in a portfolio item slider? Why is this? I basically have to re-upload everything in the gallery in order for it to be shown as a slider… (my site is not a “from scratch” site)
    – Is there a way to make the slider height shorter? Currently it’s twice the height of the actual pictures, which makes it awkward to scroll/look at.

5) Portfolio page
    – The filter doesn’t seem to be showing all of my categories- it only shows the categories that happen to be represented on that particular page. How can I fix that? I need them all to be displayed at all times.

That’s it for now— I’ll be working on it some more today so I may have a few more questions.

My website is http://ojpstudios.com however I have a maintenance page up at the immediate moment. That will probably change by this afternoon (PST). If you need to get in there to see what I’m talking about but the maintenance page is still up then let me know and I will get that to you ASAP.
    Thanks so much!
    -Nina

ojpstudios

hi again— I just found the answer to my #2, so disregard that one!

new #2 (this is probably simple): What’s the most efficient way to change the size of the impact text (2nd line). I’d like it a bit bigger!

Thanks!

Ben – SUPPORT

Hey I’ll be editing this post as I answer it one by one,

1) Create a new post / Edit a current one, Upload / choose a featured image, Scroll down to thumbnail type, choose image

2) You’ll want to add custom css instead of routing around changing stuff if you add

#impact-text h2{
    font-size:22px;
    }

The current is 18px

3) Not 100% sure, I’ll get ed in here to see if he’ll be adding it in the future otherwise it’d be a quick look in the index.php file

4.1) I’m not sure why the uploader works in this why, hopefully ed can shine some light if it’d be possible to connect to the already uploaded files

4.2) Can you post a link to your portfolio with login details as a private reply and we’ll try and look into this

– Ben

ojpstudios
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Unfortunately #3 isn’t possible as standard, you’d need to do that yourself by copying code across to the template of your choice. I will see what we can do about it for a future update though.

The news impact text wasn’t working as you had the posts page set in Settings > Reading, this forces it to use the archive template.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

For some reason your posts aren’t showing anymore. This doesn’t happen on our demo, it may be an issue caused with plugins. Can you try disabling one by one to see if we can find the problem plugin?

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

For some reason your posts aren’t showing anymore. This doesn’t happen on our demo, it may be an issue caused with plugins. Can you try disabling one by one to see if we can find the problem plugin?

– Ed

ojpstudios

Hi! okay that’s great— my posts are working on my end, though…?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ahh it’s working, good! 🙂

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register