New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Blog Post Social Sharing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    wademd

I was wondering if there was a way to change the social sharing profiles in the blog posts. My client would rather use linkedin instead of Pinterest, so I was wondering if there was a way that I could swap out the pinterest sharing. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I just checked in version 1.51 . The linkedIn profile option is there in the Theme Options -> Social Profiles section. Do you have the latest theme version ?. If not please update.

Thanks
    Tahir

wademd

Hi Tahir,

Yes the LinkedIn field is in the Social Profiles in the THeme options and shows at the top of the page BUT thats not what im asking about.

On a blog post there is a sharing options for the post at the start of the article, the options are facebook, google, email, twitter, love it, and Pinterest. I want to change the Pinterest to Linked in here. When I create a new blog post in the Main options there is a checkbox that says:
    “Include social sharing – Check this box to show social sharing icons on the detail page.”

But there is no option that I can see that controls which options show in the blog post social sharing. All I want is to change the default option where it shows Pinterest and change to Linkedin. How can I do this? If there is code I need to adjust can you let me know the page and line?

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Thank you for the details. You can find the code in ‘single.php’ line 285.

Best,
    Tahir

Tekguild

See my post about this here:

http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/enable-reddit-in-social-sharing-sharethis/

Instead of the Reddit code, use this:

<span class='st_linkedin_hcount' displayText='LinkedIn'></span>

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thank you grokism!

parasomnias

Hi,
    That’s for the Flexform theme not Dante. How do you achieve this with Dante?
    Thanks

parasomnias

Fixed.
    The URL structure is slightly different for LinkedIn. (shareArticle?url)

Add this to the ‘single.php’ file for sharing on linkedin:

<li class=”linkedin”>” class=”post_share_linkedin” onclick=”javascript:window.open(this.href,”,’menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=220,width=600′);return false;”><i class=”fa-linkedin”></i><i class=”fa-linkedin”></i>

Hope this helps.

parasomnias

sorry.

<li class=”linkedin”>” class=”post_share_linkedin” onclick=”javascript:window.open(this.href,”,’menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=220,width=600′);return false;”><i class=”fa-linkedin”></i><i class=”fa-linkedin”></i>

parasomnias

Sorry again, just realized the pasted code above was f*ç@#d up.

Here’s the code again, hopefully should paste properly:

<li class="linkedin"><a href="https://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?url=<?php the_permalink(); ?>" class="post_share_linkedin" onclick="javascript:window.open(this.href,'','menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,height=220,width=600');return false;"><i class="fa-linkedin"></i><i class="fa-linkedin"></i></a></li>

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi there ,
    Thanks For code share 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok great! Glad you managed it 🙂

– Kyle

parasomnias

No prob 😉

Kyle – SUPPORT

🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Blog Post Social Sharing’ is closed to new replies.