New Landing How can we help? Atelier Blog Post Customization

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    terrysmith

I’m trying to customize blog posts. What was easy before, modify single.php, has apparently been componentized into a myriad of different templates that I can’t find.

First, I need to get rid of the HTML encoding of the blog title. I have magazine-style bold and italics in my blog titles. By the way, your posts slider doesn’t do HTML encoding of the titles so either way one or the other is a bug. I think I’m looking for the template for one of these but can’t find it:
    do_action( ‘sf_post_article_start’ );
    do_action( ‘sf_before_post_content’ );

I also need to customize the social section. Where is it located?

I also need to insert a shortcode called from PHP for a related posts plug-in. It will go immediately below the pagination. Will that be the same template as the social section?

I also need to get rid of the Swift Framework related posts, and I don’t want to just hide it in CSS. I have it turned off in Default Meta Options, but that setting is apparently ignored.

Thank you,
    Terry

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Terry,

The template content files can be found in /swift-framework. Those actions can be found in /swift-framework/layout/single-post.php

The post share function can be found in /swift-framework/content/sf-post-detail.php

The Default Meta options only affect posts which haven’t been saved since the theme was enabled, and sets the default for new posts. If you have saved a post with the meta option enabled in the past then they will still show on those posts. You can either update those posts, or remove the action:

remove_action( 'sf_post_after_article', 'sf_post_related_articles', 10 );

Hope that helps.

– Ed

terrysmith

Thanks Ed,

I added the remove_action line to functions.php in my child theme, but the related articles are still displaying. Am I missing something?

Terry

terrysmith

I have copied sf-post-detail.php to my child theme, in the same folder structure, and set the following after the variables have been set by the standard code:

$show_author_info = false;
    $show_related = false;

Some posts are still displaying these sections and some are not. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Terry

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you provide admin credentials to check the remove_action() ?

Regarding the sf-post-detail.php, that’s a difficult file to override because it needs several includes to get to that file. It’s better to copy just the modified functions inside that file to the functions.php of the child theme.

-Rui

terrysmith
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Terry,

Multiple H1 tags actually doesn’t have any affect on SEO, from what our research has told us. For example: http://www.quora.com/Does-using-multiple-h1-tags-on-a-page-affect-search-engine-rankings

I’ve just removed the esc_attr() functions around the page title – this will keep your tags in place. This is in the next update, but can send the new build over to you sooner if needed.

Regards,

– Ed

terrysmith

Thank you for fixing the esc_attr() in the next update. The video is referring to multiple, logical H1 sections on a page, not two H1’s with identical wording at the top of the same section. Google may not penalize for that currently, but it looks like keyword spamming and is bad structure regardless.

Can you or someone else please address my other questions?

Thanks,
    Terry

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Terry,

We’ve changed the second h1 for the next update, just incase. It’s just for google structure, but not needed to be a H1.

For the remove_action – apologies, it should have been this:

remove_action( 'sf_post_after_article', 'sf_post_related_articles', 30 );

For the sharing, it’s not that section on Atelier – it’s within the sf_post_info() function (/includes/sf-theme-functions.php)

– Ed

terrysmith

Thank you for your help Ed, and double thank you for changing the second H1. I’ve overridden the sf_post_info() function and that’s getting me closer to what I need. I still have some work to do on it. The remove action for related articles is still not working though. I also turned off related articles for a post in its meta options and that didn’t work either. What am I missing?

Just so you know my goal is to turn off related articles and replaced it with the short-code for the Contextual Related Posts plug-in and then customize that further.

Thank you,
    Terry

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you give it a try hooking it to the init.

add_action( 'init' , 'sf_hooks_managment' , 15 );
    function sf_hooks_managment() {
           remove_action( 'sf_post_after_article', 'sf_post_related_articles', 30 );

}

-Rui

terrysmith

That worked. Thank you!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem Terry. Glad I could help.

-Rui

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register