New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Blog Post Carousel – Posts not appearing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    svoldbaek

I am having trouble with the blog post carousel not showing blog posts.

I am using it as my “news” page. I have one post that has shown up in the past and 6 more that I have posted since then that have not shown up in the carousel. Of course, I didn’t know that they weren’t showing up because I see them since I’m logged in as an admin.

I cannot find any differences in the options chosen when I create the blog posts. The first looks just the same as the next sis, yet none other than the first shows up on my website.

To find the page I am talking about go to http://colmacwaterheat.com/colmac-news/. you will either see one or two posts called “Colmac News 1” (placeholder) and “Colmac Service School.” I did not post “Colmac News 1” but I did post “Colmac Service School.” But when you log in as an admin and check my posts tab, you will see a total of 7 articles posted. As far as I know, I didn’t do anything different in the last six than I did on the first one.

I am sure (or hope) that I’m missing something stupid and easy. Hopefully, you can tell me what I’m screwing up.

I have attached two files showing the public view of the page and the admin “posts” index.

Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You are using very old version of theme, plugins and wordpress. Please upgrade to latest version of all plugins, theme and worpdress. Hope that should resolve the issue.

Thanks
    Mohammad

svoldbaek

that did the trick. thanks.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You most welcome. I’m glad that issue resolved.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Mohammad

svoldbaek

Okay. So it is still doing it. I added a post on November 7th that I can see when logged in as an admin, but no one else can.

I updated everything like you said to do. Seemed to work for the previous issue, but it’s still giving me problems.

Can you please take a look at it and let me know what i’m missing.

Thanks again.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    svoldbaek

Still not working as intended. I cleared my cache, and I can see the post from the 7th, but not a new “test” post I just created.

Besides that, though, requiring a cache wipe just to see the posts on my news page seems to be a pretty big bug. I can’t ask people to clear their cache every time I post. I have tried this from multiple browsers and multiple locations.

Seems to be a pretty fatal error. Unless I’m just missing something and not executing properly.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @svoldbaek

Nothing in the theme as far as I’m aware could cause posts to not show. Can you try with the default Twenty Fourteen theme to check quickly?

– Ed

svoldbaek

Hey Ed. Thanks for the reply.

I would be happy to try the standard Twenty Fourteen theme, but I’m not sure how to do that.

Can you give me a pointer or two?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just activate the theme Twenty Fourteen like in this image example.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n75juqbgakm4mh4/twenty_fourteen.png?dl=0

After that check if those issues in the posts still exist. If they still exist it’s because the problem is in you posts data and/or WordPress settings.

-Rui

svoldbaek

i don’t think that helped. it did this (see attached image) when i moved turned on the twenty fourteen theme.

although, now it seems to have updated. ???

I will try another post and see if that works.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

svoldbaek

So, I have deleted my first test post. Doing a “shift+refresh” didn’t show that the post had been removed. I was not until I activated the twenty fourteen theme and then went back to Pinpoint that the page reflected the change.

I then added a “Test 2” post to test again. Same thing as before. The new post didn’t show up until I activated the twenty fourteen theme and then went back to Pinpoint.

My default browser is Chrome (38.0), but I use IE (11.0) to view the site as a normal user (non-admin). Remember that I can always see my posts when logged in as an admin.

The flip flopping of the themes does seem to be an effective work around, but there has to be something that we are missing. I have checked the settings when I make the post. Everything is default. I don’t change anything.

Thanks for your continued help.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I see that you have a cache plugin installed. This can be cache related.
    Can you try to deactivate the cache plugin and add a new post.

-Rui

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register