New Landing How can we help? Atelier Blog permalinks not working after Atelier install

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    terrysmith

It took me forever to get my blog permalinks working correctly with Neighborhood and now the Atelier install lost my settings, and I can’t get it working again. I want a very simple hierarchical structure that I’ve setup on other sites before with none of the difficulty that I’ve had with your themes.

The blog index:
    /journal/

Categories within the blog:
    /journal/art/
    /journal/photography/
    etc.

/journal/resources/philosophy/photography-reflections/

The blog index is showing the correct post URL but clicking on it drops /journal/ from the URL and the page is not found. Typing /journal/ into the URL results in the previous 404 page coming up. I think it’s redirecting. Did your upgrade introduce the redirect somehow? The category links in the sidebar and main menu are wrong as well.

I’ve changed the Permalink settings to what I had them set to before as best as I remember. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks,
    Terry

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Terry,

Nothing in the theme itself directly affects the permalinks, usually we suggest hitting the save button in the permalinks section, as this flushes the permalink cache, and 9 times out of 10 resolves 404 issues.

Did you keep the same htaccess file? This should be fine as long as you press the save button within Settings > Permalinks.

– Ed

terrysmith

Hi Ed,

I have saved the permalinks many times trying many different combinations. I believe there are multiple problems and that the theme is involved because the blog index is not a page builder page and not a typical blog page. (For example, the note in your documentation not to set the page as the “Posts page” in “Reading Settings”.)

However, just to start with, I have a Category base of “journal” set and none of the main menu links or sidebar links for categories are reflecting this. I’ve tried different base names, save the menus again, removed/added menu category items, etc.

Terry

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Terry,

I don’t think this is the case, as we had exactly the same setup in Neighborhood. You are free to use the posts page if you like – this will generate a blog page, for which you can set the display settings for in the Theme Options > Archive/Category Display options

Maybe try it with the posts page set if that’s what you had setup with Neighborhood?

– Ed

JaySchulz

I have the same issue.
    I want a styled (bage builder blog page)
    My Structure should be

/Journal/Blogpostname-xy

If I set up “Journal” as “Posts page” in “Reading Settings” the permalink structure is correct

BUT

The Page Builder doesn’t effect the “Journal” page anymore

If i don’t set up “Journal” as “Posts page” in “Reading Settings” the “Journal” Page is styleed and effected by the Page Builder but the structure looks like this:

/Blog/Blogpostname-xy

But it should say Journal instead of Blog

Is there a way to fix that?!

thanks in advance
    cheers

J

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi @JaySchulz,

Can you provide us your site url and admin credentials so we can have a look?
    Thanks

-Rui

JaySchulz
    This reply has been marked as private.
    JaySchulz

Hey Rui,

sorry for chasing, do you know if there is an solution for this “problem”?

thanks in advance

j

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have anything special in the htaccess or the wp-config.php because in my permalink settings I don’t have that blog word

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cov947r8bq0c5mf/Screenshot%202015-07-02%2014.45.31.png?dl=0

-Rui

JaySchulz
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hey,

It looks like you are running a WP multisite?

Please follow this thread and amend the settings: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/why-wp-multisite-force-blog-slug-how-to-remove-it

Thanks.

JaySchulz

that works thank you very much.

For all the others:
    the solution is easy.

1. set the permalinks on your page to default
    2. set the permalink (network admin-root-page-settings->permalink) to /journal/%postname%/

cheers
    J

David Martin – Support

Great, no problem 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register