New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform Blog page will not show entire post, only exerpts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    Red

Hi,

I just imported a blog and I’m trying to format the blog page, but I can’t save the settings.

I inserted the blog element into the page (I did that from both the template settings and the Swift page builder in case it made a difference, but it didn’t) and I have chosen the following settings: blog type = standard, show item excerpt = no, and content output = full content. I tried updating the page (several times), yet I still have a blog page that shows only excerpts.

Also, I have chosen “no sidebars,” but the sidebar is still there.

Thank you for your help.

Red

Red

Update: I managed to get rid of the sidebar and the masonry format by going to theme options> archive and categories> and changing the settings there, but there is still only an excerpt showing.

Red

Another Update: The background image disappeared from the blog page for some reason. I removed the blog page builder element completely to see if that might be the problem, so now I have no content on my page — yet the blog is still there!

I’m out of ideas, so I will have to wait for you. I will put the login info in a private message.

Red
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Healthyskinaz

I’m having the same issue. Blog page that shows four post excerpts. Very frustrating. I’ve deleted the page, closed WP, came back into it….nothing I seem to do works! I guess at least we are in the same boat but I sure would like to know how to fix this.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Can you please not set up the blog via wp-admin > Settings but rather via shortcode? Thank you!

Red

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for your reply, but I’m not sure I understand what you mean.

I did insert the blog element via the page builder and also the blog page template; is there something different I should do?

As far as wp admin settings, I picked “standard” as the default post type (the only other choice is summary) so I’m not sure what to do differently there.

Thanks, Melanie!

Red

Hi Melanie,

I monkeyed with the settings and now it is showing the full post. Thank you.

I think what did it was going to wp admin> reading> “posts page”> unselected “blog” from the dropdown.

Thanks!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, yes that’s what I meant, sorry for not being clear enough.
    Glad you found it tho!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register