New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Blog images disapeared with 4.1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    ryan112ryan

When I updated to 4.1 the images that were shown as the “thumbnail” for the post went away. Any ideas?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you provide us admin access so we can check it?
    Use the private reply option.

-Rui

ryan112ryan
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ryan112ryan

Also now I unable to select images for thumbnails. I do what I normally do but when I do insert to post, it goes like it normally does, shows the thumbnail and when I hit update, it doesn’t stick.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Managed to create a post(it’s in draft status) and attach and feature image without any problem. Please check this page:

http://www.tinyhousechat.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=318&action=edit&message=10

Try to clear the cache.

-Rui

ryan112ryan

Featured images have been working fine, I said there was an issue with the thumbnail images. It’s not showing the thumbnail on the homepage as a preview image for the post and we can’t make new ones even stay loaded in the edit post page. Before 4.1 we had all our posts on the homepage show the thumbnails on each post, its not working. Also see note below about unordered list and I’ve attached a screen shot of the home page and your test post where it didn’t work.

from my previous post:

-Unordered lists don’t seem to format well, see posts where we have indented bullets on the edit post page, but it doesn’t translate to the published post

-The image thumbnails for posts don’t see to show up, disappeared when we did the 4.1 update of wordpress

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you check again the homepage?
    I’m also seeing the list dot’s in this page http://www.tinyhousechat.com/episode-19-5/

What exactly it’s wrong with the unordered lists?

-Rui

ryan112ryan

So I’ve figured out the thumbnail image. When I activate the Jetpack plugin the thumbnails disappear, when I deactivate it, it works. Even when I deactivate jetpack, I still cannot attach an image as a thumbnail on post “episode 20”. I can designate the image, it shows a preview in the thumbnail section, but when I hit update, it disappears.Please advise on this.

For the unordered list issue, see post: Episode 18 – Enclosed Cargo Trailer Conversions for an example. I’ve attached a screen shot of what it looks like on the edit post page vs the published post. The nested bullets don’t format correctly.

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I see what you mean, I tried with the plugins disabled but it didn’t saved the image.
    Will have to forward the topic to the development team.

-Rui

ryan112ryan

Hello, I haven’t heard back on this. The issue is persisting and I need a solution. Thanks.

ryan112ryan

I was able to figure out another part of the error. I have a writer who uses a mac, she uses the same login as I do. She uses a mac, I use a PC. When she creates a post, it leads to the error. When I make a new post, then copy and paste everything from her post into that new post it works fine for me. I even use the same image she used in the media folder, it stays and loads as the thumbnail.

I recreated three posts she had done all with errors. All of mine worked. But I literally used all the same things copy paste from the “text” tab on the edit post page. All things being equal, it should still bug out, but it doesn’t.

IDK what to think of it. I left one post she did (here is a unpublished draft now), then have my post published. You can login and check them out, compare them. See thumbnail for the posts.

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Apologize for the delay, somehow I didn’t assigned the topic to the development team.
    When those situations happen, works fine in one place but doesn’t work in another that’s due to cache.

It can’t have different behaviors only if it’s some code really specific to a certain browser.

Tell her to clear all the cache from the browser she use. And to try to create a new post in a different browser from what she use usually.

-Rui

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register