New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Flexform blog categories filter shows only top level categories

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Flexform
    tasoskouk

in masonry blog pages the categories filter shows only top level categories (w/o parent)

is there a way to include all categories & when we specify a category to show, then it should show all child categories

i hope we find someway to address these issues

thx

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Tasos,

Are you saying that you have posts in a sub-category, but this isn’t showing in the list? Plus, when you have a category set, that you only want the sub-categories within this category to show?

Currently the config is to show all categories, as the main idea behind it was to be able to browse around the different category/tags that you have.

– Ed

tasoskouk
    This reply has been marked as private.
    tasoskouk

2a. when i choose to see excerpt (in blog element options) i see only excerps w/o thumbs…
    2b. when i choose to see full text (in blog element options) i see all full text with tnumbs…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Tasos,

1) Looking at this now.

2) You don’t have a thumbnail set for the posts, and the excerpt never contains images (only text).

3) Thanks for pointing that out, I’ve fixed it and have provided a fixed file here to replace in /includes/page-builder/composer/lib/shortcodes/recent-posts.php – http://cl.ly/PFbm

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Fixed 1) for you. Will get that fix into the next update.

– Ed

tasoskouk

thx ! please note that :

2. yes, it did the “trick”… but all other page builder blog elements (recent posts, carousel etc) show image thumbs w/o having to select image as post thumb (which is much better, especially when migrating stnadard posts from another theme and i do not have to edit all posts one-by-one like in my case !!!)

3. plz. check again http://tasoskoukouvitis.com/createyourselfgr/recent-posts/, i changed the code but u see layout not perfect yet…

thx!!!

tasoskouk

2. also if you don’ t select “all” categories, it shows full articles… regardless your choices for excerpt etc

tasoskouk

waiting for you my friend 🙂 i am now reposting remaining issues :

2a. yes, it did the “trick”… but all other page builder blog elements (recent posts, carousel etc) show image thumbs w/o having to select image as post thumb (which is much better, especially when migrating stnadard posts from another theme and i do not have to edit all posts one-by-one like in my case !!!)

2b. also if you don’ t select “all” categories, it shows full articles… regardless your choices for excerpt etc

3. plz. check again http://tasoskoukouvitis.com/createyourselfgr/recent-posts/, i changed the code but u see layout not perfect yet…

thx, tasos

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Tasos,

Apologies that I missed this.

2a) The image only shows at the top of the listing if there is a featured image set, and also the thumbnail type needs to be set to image. I’ve set it to be “image” as default for you now.

2b) I can’t replicate this. I’ve checked here and working fine. Can you provide an example link?

3) Added some JS for this, will have this in the next update.

Thanks,

Ed

tasoskouk

2a) plz. check again this : all other page builder blog elements (recent posts, carousel etc) show image thumbs w/o having to select image as thumb type (which is much better when migrating stnadard posts from another theme and i do not have to edit all posts one-by-one like)

3a) add js in my site ?
    3b) when/how can i update it ?

thx

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

2) Yes Tasos, the other elements only have image as their thumbnail type (not like blog which can have video/gallery etc). I’ve refactored a few things so that old posts will show images by default if set to none. I’ve updated this on your build too.

3) Yes, I added it. I’ve also added it into the file for the next update so you can update fine when the next update comes out.

– Ed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register