New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Better WordPress Minify breaking the site

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    celeteweitz

Hi Support,

Can u provide any tutorial to setup better wordpress minify for Dante, when I enable the automatic Js and CSS minify option in Better wordpress minify, the progress bar, google map, animations for icon box stop working.

regards
    celeste

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Celeste,

Sure, I’d be happy to help.

We’re running BWM on our demo, and have absolutely no issues with any of the above. Here is the configuration we run with – https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9qsnpiqsja02fi/Screenshot%202013-11-21%2009.23.40.png

The issue may occur due to a plugin that you have installed. Can you uninstall any that may be causing issues? If you provide a link to your site, I’ll be happy to take a look.

– Ed

HB

Hi Ed,

We are trying to run BWM with the same settings you have and it is completly screwing the site.

.JS minify breaks the revolution slider and .CSS makes the whole page unreadable.

We would like to use BWM minify if you can help us out.

Site is: http://www.honestbrew.co.uk

Cheers,

Andrew

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi Andrew,

Were you able to resolve this ?. If not please provide your login details in a private reply so we can check your backend configuration.

Thanks
    Tahir

wademd

Yeah I get the same thing with any minify activated. I had given up on trying to use a minify plugin with this theme as when activated the entire front-end is broken. Even with the settings the same as above its broken.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,

Then probably its your server configuration that is causing it to break as it does not happen on our servers.

If you are really keen on optimizing your site you can check out the tips mentioned in this article
    http://wp.tutsplus.com/tutorials/10-quick-tips-optimizing-speeding-up-your-wordpress-site/

All the best.

-Tahir

HB
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Tahir – SUPPORT

Ahh WPEngine , My Personal experience with there caching was really horrible. Could you please try the configuration they provide for the BWminify Plugin ?

Thanks
    Tahir

HB

Hey again guys,

I fixed most of the problems. the .css minify is working fine now. Found out you couldn’t use it with a child theme. The .js minify is still causing the same error with the revolution slider.

Revolution Slider Error: You have some jquery.js library include that comes after the revolution files js include.
    This includes make eliminates the revolution slider libraries, and make it not work.

To fix it you can:
    1. In the Slider Settings -> Troubleshooting set option: Put JS Includes To Body option to true.
    2. Find the double jquery.js include and remove it.

Can you guys please help out with what might be causing this error.

Cheers

Andrew

honestbrew.co.uk

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Tahir – not sure where your experience is coming from, we use WPEngine for our demo sites and the caching works great! 🙂

Andrew – I set the option to move the revolution slider js to the footer, that should sort it – can you check and confirm?

– Ed

HB

Hi Ed,

Cheers for looking at it. All working now! Where did you change that option?

Another thing Ed – This is slightly off topic.

When the shop page loads it loads the product image and block and then half a second later reshuffles the image lower inside the product block. It makes the site look a bit jumpy. Is there anything that can be done about that?

Cheers

Andrew

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Great. That was set in Revolution Slider > Global Settings (top right).

That’s just the jQuery running to calculate the required height for the images. You could try adding the following custom css:

.woocommerce ul.products li.product figure {
    padding-bottom: 349px;
    }

Hope that helps.

– Ed

celeteweitz
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster
    wizastudios

Did anyone ever find out about a solution for the CSS minify?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.