New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Better Modals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Ian

I have been thinking for a while of a better way to handle modals within Cardinal and other Swift Ideas themes. The experience in page builder is such a good one for building dynamic pages, that putting together interesting modal windows is a bit of a let down.

My suggestion is to add a new option in the modal shortcode:
    The ability to do a SPB Section modal, so that users can take care of all of the advantages of page builder while constructing modal windows. A simple pull down that would let you choose from “regular modal” and “SPB Section modal”. If the user chooses regular everything works as it currently does (this also allows backward compatibility). If the user chooses SPB section modal they then get another pulldown to choose an SPB section.

This would give the ability to use page builder to construct modal windows and also make it easy to go back and edit modal content.

-Ian

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Nice one in my opinion, not sure if exist any restrictions because of the css, but will forward it to Ed so we can read your suggestion.

Thanks as always for your positive contribution.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thank you for the feedback, we always appreciate it. I’ve added it to the Swift Framework plugin improvement list.

– Ed

bongobong

Just to add a +1 this would be a FANTASTIC addition.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

Ian

Glad to see this post getting some attention. Modals are poorly implemented by most WordPress themes and I would think coming up with a much better way to both manage and design them would be a strong competitive advantage.

-Ian

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback. I think that’s also because a lot of plugins cover that functionality.
    -Rui

Ian

There are a lot of modal plugins, but the drawback in general is without a lot of tweaking they do not look like they are part of the site. Being able to build modals with the same tools as the rest of the site would be advantageous.

-Ian

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

you are right on that observation, it’s not easy to find a plugin that will adjust nicely to the design of the theme.

-Rui

pleeman

+1 on this request.

Thank you

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem.
    -Rui

bongobong

I think it needn’t be as complex as a modal; I think I’m just thinking of an iFrame that loads the content: like USA today

Click on any link there; it would be very very cool if a theme could do this.

Is this something you’ll consider?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

That example you provided is a modal with an iframe inside, so having the modals you can place whatever content you want inside.

-Rui

bongobong

Ah, you mean this is possible, right now? I’d like to place blog posts inside modals.
    I.e have iframes in modals open up when you click the masonry blog posts.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

yes it’s possible give it a try. Better to insert the iframe inside the Raw Html asset.
    If you need further help on this is better to open a new topic.

Thanks

-Rui

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.