Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    Rob222

Could someone please tell me why my bbpress forum doesn’t extend across the full size of the screen?
    For some reason when I edit the page (forum), and select no side bars or two side bars etc nothing happens!!?

Would appreciate any help I can get. I’ve submitted help at bbPress forum website but so far nothing.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

The forums page it’s different from the Forum page you created.
    I changed the width of the Forum to 940px to fill all the space. That change is inside your custom css option.

-Rui

Rob222

Will I still be able to add a side bar given that change?

Rob222

Hello there,

Sorry but could you please change what you did and put it back to how it was as the forum now extends way out to the side of my screen on my mobile phone and no longer seems responsive.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Unfortunately no. I checked the Widget area and Bbpress doesn’t have any widget in the forums page.

-Rui

Rob222

Excuse me but what do you mean no? Surely you can correct what you did?

See screenshots attached. My forum page has sidebars selected. My widget page has widgets within those sidebars.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Apologize for the misunderstanding I imagine your face when you read my reply.

I was with the topic opened before you ask me to remove the css so didn’t see your last reply. I was replying to you previous message.

Of course I can remove what I did. It’s already done.

I can apply the css changes only to higher resolutions. Do you want me to try it?

-Rui

Rob222

I can apply the css changes only to higher resolutions. Do you want me to try it?

What do you mean? Sorry but I’m not technically minded when it comes to this stuff.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

it means that we could do the following.

For instance only when a screen got more than 1000pixels the Forums width will be 940px like I did before.

And when you are seeing in a lower resolution(tablet or mobile) they will see the site like they are seeing now with no changes.

-Rui

Rob222

To be honest I’m not sure. Because those changes still don’t fix my problem. My main problem was that I am unable to add a side bar beside my forum which I don’t get because I should be able to do that. Can you help me with that please?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Supreme theme doesn’t have support for BBPress.

Let me check with the Developer if is there anything we can do.

-Rui

Rob222

Cheers.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I found that if you add it to “Sidebar Two” it will display. 🙂
    Added the Forum Statistics to “Sidebar Two”.

-Rui

Rob222

You are right. I’ve just changed it to something else now and it worked. But that doesn’t make sense because if you go into the ‘Forum’ page and scroll to the bottom of the screen, you will see that it should take a widget(s) from sidebar 3 and not sidebar 2 – Can you make sense of that?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Like I said Supreme doesn’t have support for BBpress so in that case BBpress may overwrite our sidebar settings in the pages.

-Rui

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register