New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante bbPress & BuddyPress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    ALDD

Hello,

What type of styling options do I have if I select bbPress & BuddyPress theme styling? Can you please guide me to correct theme options?

Thank you.

Melanie – SUPPORT

I’m afraid I don’t understand what you’re referring to, can you specify?

ALDD

Is there a demo with Dante using BuddyPress?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Not yet but it is on the list, we have been meaning to update the demo to include BBpress and BuddyPress but have not had time.

– Kyle

ALDD

Thanks Kyle

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

protesilaos

Hi there,

I am running an installation with Dante as its theme. Currently I want to make use of the buddypress/bbpress functionality, but am experiencing certain problems.

In particular:

1) I cannot set a specific sidebar for buddypress as it always defaults to the one defined in the default options of the theme.
    2) Also, the width of the main page content is always set to cover the full width. So even if I set a default sidebar in “theme options”, the main area will still overflow and cover the sidebar.

Can these issues be addressed in the current version of the theme, or are you planning an update to streamline the compatibility issues?

Many thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please share website URL so i can check and fix the issue easily .
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

protesilaos

Hi,
    Though I would much like to, I cannot share the link because it is a temporary private environment to which I cannot provide you access. I thought you might have dealt with a similar case before and perhaps had something in your knowledge database. Even general guidelines may help.
    Thanks anyway!

lubbockwebguy
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please attach screenshot with marked text so i can try to fix those .

With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

We don’t currently have BuddyPress theme options such as sidebars, but we are considering in adding these to the update after the one we’re working on at the moment. Will see what we can do.

– Ed

lubbockwebguy

I am confused, mohammad asks for screen shots, I am not sure how those will help I simply need sidebar one on the forum sections. Ed, I can you at least provide me with the sidebar php and tell me where to put it. I don’t really consider my request to be Buddypress theme options, I am simply asking to use the current theme function with bbpress, the theme advertises bbpress and buddypress, it can’t be difficult to add a sidebar to the page?

I am really in a time crunch it has been over 48 hours and told the client I would have a solution by morning.

Please help.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi lubbockwebguy ,
    You are right that i asked for screenshot and said i can try but i’m afraid it’s not built into the theme and need to modified especially for you. We always ready to help you with this customization but we are only able to provide support for basic theme issues and bug fixes. We do provide support for small customizations but unfortunately this request is beyond that. Please see our general policy and guidelines for more info.You could also hire a developer to help you with your customizations.Thank you for understanding!

With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

phukovsky

I’m having the same issue as lubbockwebguy with bbpress. See the attached screenshot. I just wanted to clarify: Is the forum content overlapping the sidebar widgets an issue with Dante that will get fixed in a future update, or is this something that can be fixed by perhaps changing bbpress CSS?

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register