New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Background image -700 margin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    omg007

We have a problem with background images on our homepage. I’ve added a custom class to add a background image which is working fine.

@media screen and (min-width: 900px) {
    .rewards-home{
    background-image: url(“https://d1cq11ki2hqhd3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/bob.jpg”) ;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: contain;
    }
    }

However, a .alt-bg class in responsive.css is adding a -700px margin which causes the background image to disappear off the left side of the screen. Removing this margin causes lots of other problems. Any idea how I can get this to render correctly?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

Checking it now.

Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

In your above CSS, just replace background-size: contain; to background-size: cover;

Let us know how it goes.

omg007

Thanks. Whilst that works, it means the image doesn’t scale well on larger wide screens because its over-scaling the photo based on the left-top being at -700px.

Is there a way to reduce this that will ensure the image scales correctly?

Sorry, I should’ve included in my original post that I’d originally tried this.

Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

You mean to say still the above solution is not working for big screens?

omg007

That’s right. Any widescreen monitor: 1920×1080 it oversizes the image when scaling it due to the large negative margin. See attached examples.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please use this custom css code:-
    @media only screen and (min-width:1500px){.alt-bg{margin-left:-100px!important;padding-left:100px;padding-right:100px}

Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.