New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme Author info and social icons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    robart76

Guys,
    After the last update, post page automatically shows author info and social icons even if unticked.
    Could you look into it?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hey,

What happens if you tick them, then update the page?

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

robart76

Hi Cosmin,
    When i tick them and update nothing happens, but when I untick them again and update it doesn’t show them anymore.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Ed, could you check this please? If there are just a few posts, I guess it wouldn’t be a big issue, but people with lots of posts wouldn’t be too happy 🙂

@robart76
    – until we confirm this with Ed, if doing that for each post isn’t an option for you, please use this custom CSS (in Supreme Options/General Options) to hide the box on every post:

.single .author-info-wrap, .single .share-links {
      display: none !important;
    }

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

robart76

Well, I can temporary do that for each post now.
    At least we have a solution 😉
    Many thanks

kindtrepreneur

Though I am not using the Swift Author info (I am using the Fancy Author Box), the last update does not seem to affect the Author info and social icons. I tried to check mine and even experiment unticking and ticking them, but everything is working OK— in my case. The only thing I notice on my website though was the READ MORE ARROW Alignment, but that was already fixed by the CSS provided in the forum.

robart76

It only happens on new posts. It doesn’t affect published posts

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Tested here and working perfectly. What version are you using?

– Ed

robart76

Will be posting on Sunday, so will check again, but I do have 2 installations and it happened on both.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ok, let us know.

– Ed

robart76

It happened again.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ok i think I see the issue here. If you save it as unchecked the first time, then it won’t pick it up, and it will pick up the default instead (what is set in the theme options defaults).

If you set the theme options defaults to false, then it will work as you wish.

– Ed

lisa

Hi, I am having the same issues with un-checking the author box not actually working. I tried the css code in the theme options, but that didn’t block the author either. Also, where you mentioned setting the theme options to “false” – I can’t seem to find the place for that? Only place I see author info is on the post info. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

What version do you have? Make sure you have the latest version, and when creating new posts, save the post before you edit the options. That should set them correctly, and then you’re free to change them.

– Ed

lisa

Hi,
    I tried that and it does not show the author in the actual post page, but still shows the author in the thumbnail. See attached. Post 4 TEST was the post I saved, then changed options on as suggested above. BTW, I am using Supreme Child theme and Supreme 1.4.4 – is this the latest and greatest version? Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Lisa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register