New Landing How can we help? Atelier atelier cart nav bug

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    alibey

say a user has an item pending in a cart and exits the site.

user returns to the site on the HP, sees the pending cart item, and clicks on cart icon on the menu.

user then deletes the product(s) from the cart.

atelier then present the user with a “button” that says return to shop.

this is incorrect. the user was not shopping.

fix?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    How can i know that user’s mind? User can remove the existing item and add another item. We cant control it.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

alibey

hi Mohammad

My approach in terms of general principles would be always to return the user to where he/she came from.
    To go from HP -> cart -> return -> to shop (instead of back to the HP) would be bad UX IMHO
    I will see if I cant apply the JS code I sent David Martin last night to fix this. If not, I will have to bite the bullet after launch and muck about with PHP unless I can use that HTML editor window that I think I saw somewhere in Atelier to add an extra button to that page. Just so you know in general I favor the SPA client side JS/HTML5/CSS3 approach to solving all of life’s problems.

cheers

Ali

David Martin – Support

Hi Ali,

This customisation would be beyond the scope of support, you would need to get a WordPress developer to work with you for something like this, which you can do here: http://www.swiftideas.com/customization/.

The file you would need research and make your changes to would be: woocommerce/cart/cart.php.

Thanks,
    David.

alibey

no problem, not crucial. i will just fiddle with set up two onclick event listeners in js which will more likely than not do the job without having to go the Minnesota route. ๐Ÿ˜‰

thx

Ali

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Its ok. I am glad ๐Ÿ™‚ that you will manage this situation.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register