New Landing How can we help? Atelier Atelier, Advanced Custom Fields, and WooCommerce Products

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    terrysmith

I’m looking at using Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) to add custom fields to some products (probably based on category). I don’t need help with ACF but rather was wondering if there is a better way to do this than copy and change the product PHP template? Are there function hooks I can use to insert the read-only fields into the product description? Ideally, where you list SKU and Category to the right of the product image I would like to insert other attributes. I also want to add one or more tabs on the bottom.

Thanks,
    Terry

terrysmith

I’m mostly there with this code. I think I can add a tab as well.

add_action( ‘woocommerce_product_meta_start’, “ACF_product_meta_content”, 10 );

function ACF_product_meta_content() {
    if (get_field(‘dimensions’))
    {
    echo the_field(‘dimensions’);
    }
    }

Unfortunately, the SKU and Category meta are not being output in structured HTML that is easy to style and match to:

<span class=”sku_wrapper”>SKU: <span class=”sku” itemprop=”sku”>TestProduct</span>.</span>

Is there an easy way to override the meta output completely?

David Martin – Support

Hey,

Sure, are you using a child theme?

You will want to create a file called meta.php in this location: atelier theme folder woocommerce/single-product/meta.php. (Ideally in your child theme)

Then add this code to the new file:

<?php
    /**
     * Single Product Meta
     * @author 		WooThemes
     * @package 	WooCommerce/Templates
     * @version     1.6.4
     */

if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    	exit; // Exit if accessed directly
    }

global $post, $product;

$cat_count = sizeof( get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'product_cat' ) );
    $tag_count = sizeof( get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'product_tag' ) );

?>
    <div class="product_meta">

<?php do_action( 'woocommerce_product_meta_start' ); ?>

<?php if ( wc_product_sku_enabled() && ( $product->get_sku() || $product->is_type( 'variable' ) ) ) : ?>

<span class="sku_wrapper"><?php _e( 'SKU:', 'woocommerce' ); ?> <span class="sku" itemprop="sku"><?php echo ( $sku = $product->get_sku() ) ? $sku : __( 'N/A', 'woocommerce' ); ?></span></span>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php echo $product->get_categories( ', ', '<span class="posted_in">' . _n( 'Category:', 'Categories:', $cat_count, 'woocommerce' ) . ' ', '</span>' ); ?>

<?php echo $product->get_tags( ', ', '<span class="tagged_as">' . _n( 'Tag:', 'Tags:', $tag_count, 'woocommerce' ) . ' ', '</span>' ); ?>

<?php do_action( 'woocommerce_product_meta_end' ); ?>

</div>

You can then edit the output to match your needs 🙂

Thanks,
    David.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register