New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Another demo content import question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    elogan423

Hello,

Can you provide instruction on how to import demo content? I tried watching your tutorial on how to do so, but the link didn’t work or open a video.

Thanks again for your help, you all are great!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You need to go to Tools-> Import then choose the WordPress option.
    Then you will need to load our xml demo file, check the option that says import attachments.

And that should be enough.

Can you let me know the url of that broken link?
    Thanks

-Rui

elogan423

The link to the video for demo content on this page doesn’t work: http://dante.swiftideas.com/tutorials/ – I wasn’t sure if it was due to me not being logged in or something.

One more question, and pardon me if this is simple, where is the XML demo file that I need to upload and import?

Is it in the theme folder I downloaded originally (dante_demo-content.xml)? And will it cause any issue since the version I have downloaded is 3.3.2, but you guys helped me out and installed the newest version 3.3.3?

Many thanks,

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

The demo content won’t cause any issue, go ahead and give it a try.

Here is the direct link for the video, cheers for the url we will fix that page when possible.
    https://vimeo.com/79555514

-Rui

elogan423

Hello again,

So it appears it’s an issue with my account, that I need a premium level to do it through GoDaddy’s managed WordPress, though I can do it directly through SFTP.

Would you mind helping me with the details of what files need to be where in the directory to import the demo content?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

The WordPress importer uploads the file to memory and executes the import process so there is no way to interfere in the middle of the process.

Honestly if GoDaddy don’t allow that, definitely it’s better to change to another hosting asap because more problems will arise.

-Rui

elogan423

Another question:

So I was able to run the importer but the demo content hasn’t displayed.

I have all the required plugins installed and active – do I have to update them first?

Why is the demo content not active? Is there another setting I have to change or something?

Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

It was necessary to assign the homepage in Settings-> Reading

You need to install the Revolution slider plugin since it’s used in the homepage.

-Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register