New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Anchor scrolls too far

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Kirsten

Hello,

I’ve have an issue with an achor tag. On my homepage for desktop I have a parallex video item with a button that links to #3. Right beneath the parallex I have a row with first item a blank spacer width 10px that has id 3. For some reason when the button is clicked the page scrolls too far. This happens only on dekstop version. For the iPad version I have set a row with background image with the same button that links to #2. Then the same content for desktop appears. I only gave the row the id 2 instead of a blank spacer. When button is clicked it alle works fine and scroll is accurate. It seems like it is caused by the parallex item. I allready tried to change the id’s so that the row gets 3 and the blank spacer 2. Same problem. I tried all kinds of width’s for the blank spacer. It just only happens with the parallex. Any ideas?

Wordpress: 3.9.1
    Dante: 2.6.1

I have set-up a Coming soon plugin so the website isn’t visible for you guys. If you can give me an ip in a private message I’ll give you access.

Best,
    Kirsten

Kirsten

Let me correct this. It only applies for Firefox. Chrome and Safari seem to work fine.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please provide me with a login so that I can check

– Kyle

Kirsten
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Let me forward this to the developer to see if there’s away to get this right

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Kirsten,

Use this code for the button instead:

<a class="sf-button large transparent-light standard leesmeer1 smooth-scroll-link" href="#3" target="_self"><span class="text">Lees meer</span></a>

The class “smooth-scroll-link” scrolls to the section, and takes into account the header height when targeting the area. The standard skip to section is browser functionality, not something we can override.

– Ed

Kirsten

Hi Ed, thanx for your reply. The class works a little bit, still not enough. I’m afraid it’s just Firefox related. But what I dont get is why the parallex reacts different then the row item with picture.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Can you try with a word for the ID instead of a number? Not sure exactly what the issue is, but definitely not something with the theme. Check here: http://dante.swiftideas.net/home/home-five-one-page-wonder/#solutions – works perfectly on FF.

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register