New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Theme Support Cardinal – Feature Request Alternative Text on thumbnail Images

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    George

Hi,

Currently on any media attachment the thumbnail versions of the images, such as images being used for portfolio thumbnails, are not receiving the original files alt attributes.

This is not good for SEO.

Can this be a feature to add for new updates, to ensure our sites with cardinal are maximise their SEO potential.

Cheers

George

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I will forward this to the developer to see if we can add

– Kyle

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @George

Can you let me know specific outputs for these where you aren’t seeing the alt tag, and I’ll check it. It won’t have anything to do with the media files, but the theme’s output.

– Ed

George

Hi Ed,

For example, on my home page events.com.au, where I have a portfolio section, the original portfolio images have alt attributes, however the thumbnails that are being displayed from the portfolio categories are being stripped of them.

There are 10 on my homepage, each portfolio item, all alt attributes not there.

Thanks.

George

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Thanks for pointing this out, there was an issue with the retrieval of the alt tag. Just fixed this, I’ll reply to your previous email with the new build in a moment.

– Ed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register