New Landing How can we help? Atelier Allow customers to create account

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    dm13

Hi guys, i found half the answer to this in an old thread and posted there, but havent had an answer back so posting it in a new topic..

How do i ensure that customers can sign up for an account? I read part of the thread, and was fine until the support answer mentioned drop box and a file.. then it lost me. This is as far as I got:

I’m on the Woocommerce page Settings> Account, and I see a drop down menu that allows me to choose where to add the sign up? think thats what it means? the drop down arrow options are:

checkout
    wishlist
    contact
    my account
    shop
    cart etc etc

not sure what to choose – what I want is for that little ‘man’ icon on the top right of my front page to work for the sign up — because when you hover on that little man, it gives options of signing in or create new account.. so that’s where i want people to sign up for a new account.

also.. I’m assuming that I have access to those accounts in terms of how much they’ve ordered over the past months? and can offer deals and sales to those customers etc.

any info is great thanks!

David Martin – Support

Please avoid posting duplicates.

I answered your question: http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/topic/client-accounts-for-dummies/#post-280942

Thanks.

dm13

hi guys, I am using this thread, as the last support message I had on the other thread, said to please post my own topics in future.. and this issue is not resolved for me.

I have added ‘account’ to the theme option > header> right header config, and had a friend (who has never signed up for an account on my site) test it. She said that it allows her to find the ‘create account’ on hover, but when she clicks on it nothing happens.

i have recently updated my theme, my wordpress, my woo commerce and plugins so as far as i know i have the most current theme. Any help would be great thanks.

nightMair Creations

David Martin – Support

Please add a WP login. It depends what page you have set as the my account page in WooCommerce. Currently you have set it to re-direct to the shop page.

dm13
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Change this to the page My Account:

dm13

thanks. I will test this tomorrow from work on a different computer but i’m sure it will work!

David Martin – Support

Yes, that will work indeed.

Thanks.

dm13

Hi guys,
    tested this on my friend’s computer just to be sure. not working. When i hover on the account icon in the menu bar, it automatically gives me options of login or sign up.. clicking either gets me to a page that says ‘my account’ but has no info on it at all. .. so not sure what it is i’m doing wrong? do i need to edit a page called ‘my account’? thanks.

David Martin – Support

This page shows you WooCommerce issues: http://nightmaircreations.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wc-status.

Specifically:

You need to add [woocommerce_my_account] to the page.

dm13

Hi David, wasnt sure what page you meant (still a bit of a beginner), but tried it on the ‘my account’ page 🙂 and it works! i have another question about the customer account.. the top three rows all say shipping information but they actually point to three different things – shipping, returns/refunds and something else.. is there information i can go read about this submenu – is it on the sub menu system? is it automatically generated? how can i change the text that is showing, to my own text? (See screen grab). thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Go to Theme Options > WooCommerce Options to set the text for those modal links

– Kyle

dm13

fabulous! Thanks Kyle!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register