New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante ALL SIDEBARS DISAPPEAR WITH WORDPRESS 4.4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    camind

upgraded to new version of wordpress and bam sidebars are gone. I searched your forum for answers but only thing i can find is (update to newest version of dante) which i already was and problem still exists. So I was stuck. And yes i forced wordpress to look for new dante updates and cleared all cache even cloudflare.

Only way to fix it was to downgrade wordpress 4.4

I am running an older version of wordpress now waiting for fix.

Please help ASAP

Thank you

FNFWeb

I’m having the same problem – spent HOURS trying to find a fix. So annoying.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Which page should have a sidebar?

– Kyle

camind

Every Post page has a sidebar. After the update every page that was supposed to have a sidebar didn’t. Had to downgrade wordpress to get all side bars back. now still running old version of word press until a fix is released.

Thanks

wertyla

May you answer about this general problem, that have now many people. At least that you are trying to reproduce an error or already working to fix it?

Also what for answer in comments on themeforest about this fix you can find in a version 3.2.1

WHERE is version 3.2.1?

cripsie

Yes, I also need an answer to this! Sidebars are gone after updating WordPress to 4.4.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please upgrade the theme to latest version. Hope it should help to you.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

kHyal

I normally update the theme through my wordpress dashboard via a link that let’s me know there is an update. However, there is no indication that there is a new version. How can I update the theme in another way without losing any critical data, so that my sidebars will display again?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

WP Updates is unfortunately down at the moment, you can either wait for it to come back online or you can download from Theme Forest and upload via ftp

– Kyle

kHyal

Thanks, Kyle!

David Martin – Support

@camind if you are using a child theme, you will need to update the child theme files that you have that would be overriding the parent theme files.

Thanks.

camind

When doing a comparison of the single.php file that is in my child theme and from the newest version of dante i have only found two line changes that look like nothing related to sidebars disappearing.

First line change is

<div class=”entry-title”><?php the_title(); ?></div>

changed to…..

<div class=”entry-title”><?php echo $page_title; ?></div>

and second line change is just the following code added :

}
    if ($thumb_width == “”) {
    $thumb_width = 300;
    }
    if ($thumb_height == “”) {
    $thumb_height = 225;

both of these don’t look like they will fix the sidebars from disappearing.

I want to avoid upgrading back to wordpress 4.4 right now because updating my single.php file looks like it wasn’t the problem.

Any ideas?

camind

In addition to what i just added above: i am currently on dante 3.18 which i thought was the newest version and that it already had the fix for the sidebars. My dashboard does not give me the option to upgrade to newer version of dante. Even after trying to search for updates and clear cache etc.

But this just makes everything even more confusing then it already was. Does this newer dante update add anything new in the single.php file to fix sidebar??? i don’t know. No one has yet to specify what piece of code was added to fix the issue and where.

Thanks

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please open to edit single.php file :-

1- Find this code:-

$default_left_sidebar = $options['default_left_sidebar'];
    $default_right_sidebar = $options['default_right_sidebar'];

Change with:-

$default_left_sidebar = strtolower($options['default_left_sidebar']);
    $default_right_sidebar = strtolower($options['default_right_sidebar']);

—————————————————————–

2- Find this code:-

$left_sidebar = sf_get_post_meta($post->ID, 'sf_left_sidebar', true);
    $right_sidebar = sf_get_post_meta($post->ID, 'sf_right_sidebar', true);

Change with:-

$left_sidebar  = strtolower(sf_get_post_meta($post->ID, 'sf_left_sidebar', true));
    $right_sidebar = strtolower(sf_get_post_meta($post->ID, 'sf_right_sidebar', true));

Thanks
    Mohammad

camind

Mohammad,

Thank you so much for giving me such a detailed answer. That’s amazing !!!!

What do i do about not being able to update to dante 3.2.0. ???? I can’t get the update to show up in wordpress dashboard.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register