New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Adding new strings to theme .po translation file, not showing?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    azura_eyes

Hi,

I wonder if you can help med with some translation .po file help.

I added an extra string to one of the theme .php-file. Lets say that in the “form-login.php” file I added this code
    <?php _e( ‘My new registered customers’, ‘swiftframework’ ); ?>

And lets say I have Spanish translation, the es_ES.po file. So wanted that the new string ‘My new registered customers’ will show up in the .po file to translation together with the others string from “swiftframework” collection.

But when I open the es_ES.po file (I use the PO Edit to do it) the new ‘My new registered customers’ string is not there. And the front end shows my English text instead of the Spanish.

Do I have to in same way reboot/execute something to make the new translation string visible in my Spanish and also US .po for that matter?

Thanks a lot!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You did not create mo file. Please create mo file of this po file and uploaded at /neighborhood/languages/. Hope that will help you sure.You can also refer http://dante.swiftideas.net/documentation/#translation.

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

azura_eyes

Mohammad,

I think again you misunderstand my comments 🙂 Please read it again and also my reply here 🙂

There is a problem already in the po file, the new string is NOT visible in the po file == no new translation is added. So even if I updated the mo file there is no translation for the string.
    The all current string are in the po -> mo file, so if I just change the translation its ok, BUT if I add a new string to the theme NO new strings are visible to the po-> mo file.

Why?

Thanks in advance!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Hi,
    You need to add manually this string translation in your PO file at end of file .

#. Text in echo
    #: neighborhood/woocommerce/myaccount/form-login.php:66
    msgid "My new registered customers"
    msgstr "Please put your translation" 

NOTE:-
    Please change 66 to your <?php _e( ‘My new registered customers’, ‘swiftframework’ ); ?> line number.

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

azura_eyes

Thanks! Just to clarified for others. The .po file have to be open in a text editor to add the line of text from above post.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Is your issue resolved ?
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

azura_eyes

Hi,

yes this one it is 🙂 I got new translational issues, like missing string etc but those I can post in a new issue.

Thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Its ok.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register