New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Adding author info / bio to author page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    Jakk

Hi,

So by default, Pinpoint does not include the author bio box at the top of author pages (wordpress.com/author/example) and this is required for effective Google authorship to create a link between author and content.

How can I add this to author pages? I hound found this code in the single.php:

<?php if ($show_author_info) { ?>

<div class=”author-info-wrap clearfix”>
    <div class=”author-avatar”><?php if(function_exists(‘get_avatar’)) { echo get_avatar(get_the_author_meta(‘ID’), ’75’); } ?></div>
    <div class=”author-info”>
    <h2><?php _e(“About the Author”, “swiftframework”); ?></h2>
    <span class=”author-name”><?php the_author_meta(‘display_name’); ?></span>“><?php _e(“View all posts by”, “swiftframework”); ?> <?php the_author_meta(‘display_name’); ?> <i class=”icon-chevron-right”></i>
    <div class=”author-bio”><?php echo get_the_author_meta(‘description’); ?></div>
    </div>

Do I need to put that on an author.php?

Advice seeked, any help welcome.

Jakk

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, pinpoint doesn’t have an author.php page, you would need to modify archive.php for that.
    For more detailed help I’m afraid you’d need to hire a dedicated developer.

Cheers

jennmattern

If you don’t mind the bio being full-width, I can show you what I did with mine. Here’s an example with my bio:

http://allindiewriters.com/author/jenn/

Here’s what I have in archive.php in the author archive section to do that:

<?php /* If this is an author archive */ } elseif (is_author()) { ?>
    		<?php $author = get_userdata( get_query_var('author') );?>
    			<h1><?php _e("Author:", "swiftframework"); ?> <?php echo $author->display_name;?></h1>
    <div class="author-info-wrap clearfix">
    <div class="author-avatar"><?php if(function_exists('get_avatar')) { echo get_avatar(get_the_author_meta('ID'), '75'); } ?></div>
    <div class="post-info">

<div class="description"><?php echo get_the_author_meta('description'); ?></div>
    </div></div>

You would need to fiddle with it a bit more or set up a separate author.php if you wanted it in-line with the rest of the content. In my case I wanted to highlight them a bit more rather than have them fit within the normal post width.

Hope that helps!

jennmattern

Quick follow-up:

The code pasted previously won’t actually put a G+ link on the author page for you — just the description. You’d need to tweak it further to add any extra fields.

But if your primary concern is having authorship reflected with each indexed post, you don’t need that on the author page. Personally I just use the WordPress SEO plugin which adds a G+ field to user profiles. The blog I linked you two was a multi-author blog, and that solution worked very well to get every author tied to their content if they wanted to be.

Jakk

Thank you! 🙂 I will try that out.

J

Melanie – SUPPORT

Fantastic! Thanks Jenn!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register