New Landing How can we help? Atelier A lot not working on backend. Can't choose custom colors, visual composer won't

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    gpstew

Hello there,

Beautiful theme!, unfortunately, I am not able to do simple things such as change colors, or utilize visual composer. The site seems to be stuck in suspended animation. Please see screenshots for reference and also please login and try for yourself. Any help would be great.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    gpstew

Also, when I activated Visual Composer, my site no longer loaded…had to deactivate the plugin.

Please advise. Lastly, how can I edit my last reply, so as to no add an extra reply?

Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Regarding the customizer there is an internal server error.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/67f59whmbiosxuk/Screenshot%202017-04-21%2011.13.42.png?dl=0

Can you check in your server error logs more info about this error and let us know?
    After activating Visual Composer is possible to deactivate without using ftp? So I can try it myself?

-Rui

gpstew

Hello and thanks for your help.
    I am sending this message to my server guy to see if they can solve this issue.
    Regarding Visual Composer…I deactivated from my dashboard (not using FTP), so you should be able to try it yourself. Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

it worked fine for me.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktjhryr4ubdykme/Screenshot%202017-04-21%2016.10.58.png?dl=0

Can you also ask the server guys to change the PHP version to a most recent one, if possible to PHP 7.
    It will be much faster and better in all aspects.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zncps7gt3g47hqv/Screenshot%202017-04-21%2016.11.31.png?dl=0

-Rui

gpstew

Yes, I was also able to use the Visual Composer, but it breaks the site. The site will not load when it is active. Please try reloading the site. I would like to resolve this. I am planning on working on this site extensively tomorrow as it is very time sensitive.

I asked the server guy to update PHP.

Thanks,

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Again more 500 internal server errors, the server guy needs to provide us more info about the error.

-Rui

gpstew
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Can you screenshot what you refer to, for me the front-end and the back-end is fast and displays the correct images.

Thanks.

gpstew

Thanks for the response. I tried disabling and reenabling plugins last night and that may have helped some.
    However, please see screenshot of “edit SPB test three”. Page took 1:14 to load. (internet is fast here and was working perfectly for other uses) Also, if I activate Visual Composer (which I would like to do) when I create a new SPB section, it saves as a post. Therefore, I have had to deactivate Visual Composer.
    If you were to mess around in the backend, you would find that this type of thing (waiting on loading) happens a lot and makes trying to use the theme very frustrating.
    Also, please note that the media library seems to be missing a lot of media and imports…that is all that would load before I gave up after a couple minutes. I followed demo import methods. (please see “media library” screenshots)

Thanks for the help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    gpstew

To add to this further. It seems that especially with anything regarding images (i.e. making a new SPB section and uploading images and then moving them around) the backend will get severely bogged down. It will say “connection lost” – usually I can just wait several minutes and things free up again and I can work…however, this makes working on a site excruciating.
    When I look at cpanel whilst the above is happening, it often shows that my I/O Usage and Memory Usage are maxed out. However, I know that this is not a hosting/server issue since I have built 2 other dev sites previously without any of these issues.
    I only have the plugins that came with the theme active. I have tried deactivating and reactivating plugins, but could not pinpoint one particular plugin. What could it be?

Thanks.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Connection Lost is not related to the theme as such. This is more related to your server environment.

1) What PHP version are you now on, please confirm.
    2) What is your PHP .ini memory limit?
    3) Please open your wp-config.php file and add this: define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Please can you keep all plugins disabled leaving only Swift Framework and WooCommerce active whilst we take a look.

Thanks.

gpstew

Hey David,
    Thanks for the response. In the end, because I was having such trouble, I totally erased everything, including wordpress and started over. Now, everything seems to be working beautifully. I am marking any topics that dealt with speed as resolved. Thank you.

David Martin – Support

Closing Ticket.

Thanks.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register