New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante YouTube controls in Portfolio video thumbnail

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    thomadams

I’m running into an issue with YouTube videos as portfolio items. I chose “Video” as the thumbnail type, supplied the URL to the YouTube video, and the video shows up perfectly… Except the player controls that show up on top of the video thumbnail do not function. All of the elements show a mouse-over highlight, but clicking on any of the overlay buttons does nothing.

I’d rather the controls not be there at all, but I can’t seem to make that happen. But if they’re going to be there, they should function.

Anyone else run into this problem and find a solution?

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Could you please provide us the page link so that we may take a look. It is likely that a third party conflict might be conflicting with the theme code.

Thanks
    Tahir

thomadams

Sure, thanks for responding Tahir.

The URL is:
    http://www.toddbirmingham.net/video/

After I posted my problem, I noticed that it was only occurring in Firefox on a Mac (up to date). Chrome and Safari on the Mac, as well as Firefox, Chrome, and IE on the PC work fine. I tried viewing the page in Firefox on a few different Macs just to be sure it wasn’t a local issue. At first I thought there was something blocking the video and capturing the click, but the player appears to hang when any overlay button is clicked.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

This is actually a bug with FireFox – https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=832929

If you’d like to work around it, just edit /js/functions.js , find

portfolioContainer.isotope({

to

portfolioContainer.isotope({
    transformsEnabled : false,

Hope that helps.

– Ed

bentraynham

Is there any way we can add this change to the child theme’s functions.php file? If so, how would it need to be written in order to override the functions.js reference?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Unfortunately not possible at the moment. We may look at implementing a conditional fix if Mozilla don’t fix the issue soon.

– Ed

thomadams

Great, thanks Ed!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Fantastic!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register